'Ghostbusters 3': It's Dead, Jim

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Dan Aykroyd has been trying to get Ghostbusters 3 made since who knows when. He even wrote the first draft of the script before handing the job over to The Office's Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky.

Eisenberg and Stupnitsky's take of the movie will supposedly have Peter, Ray, Egon, and Winston pass their proton packs to a new generation of ghostbusters.

Apparently everyone was happy with the script except Bill Murray. It was rumored that Murray shredded the script without even reading it and sent it back to Aykroyd and Harold Ramis with a note that read, "No one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts!"

Whether or not that's true is not important. What's important is that Murray's answer is no.

Truth be told, Murray wasn't impressed with the second movie in the first place. If you don't believe me, check out his reaction when the second movie was brought up during his appearance at the Letterman Show back in 2010.

[video=youtube;WKAxLVtA21I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKAxLVtA21I[/video]

Do you really think he wants to do a third one?

From the bits and pieces I've gathered about the movie, Murray is right. It can only be terrible.

It appears that Dan Aykroyd may have finally realized that Bill Murray is not going to change his mind, so Ghostbusters 3 is not going anywhere.

In his interview with The Telegraph, this is what Aykroyd had said:

"I honestly don't know. At this point it’s in suspended animation. The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie. He doesn't want to be involved."

Why is it so important to have Bill Murray's blessing? It's because Murray, Aykroyd, Ramis and Ivan Reitman all have script approval. The movie can not move forward without all four of them on board.

Well it looks like it is dead for the better.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Without Murray it would have been a waste, so I'm happy to hear this.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am said to hear Murray who has been a hero of mine for years is such a dick about it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Castiel

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about this earlier today... if Bill doesn't want to do it then fuck it, it wouldn't be the same. The risk of making you it into a trilogy and "ruining" the first 2 is just too high.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Never give so many people script approval, it just becomes a mess. I had no desire to see Ghostbusters 3 made but if so many other people wanted to get this thing made, they should be allowed to despite the fact one person didn't want anything to do with it.

I am said to hear Murray who has been a hero of mine for years is such a dick about it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Agreed. He comes across very crass and selfish here.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I think it is fine that he doesn't want to do it. I love Bill Murray, but if he feels it won't work, then why try it. The movie is past its prime. We still have the first one. The second one was a stinker.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think it is fine that he doesn't want to do it. I love Bill Murray, but if he feels it won't work, then why try it. The movie is past its prime. We still have the first one. The second one was a stinker.

Agreed, plus I can't see Aykroyd or Ramis really bringing the ha ha's on it either.

And yes, I left out the black one....because he's black.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Agreed, plus I can't see Aykroyd or Ramis really bringing the ha ha's on it either.

And yes, I left out the black one....because he's black.

Just because he has the name of a cigarette is no reason to stereotype him.......oh wait he is black. Damn it fooled again.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I always forget about him. When I think Ghostbusters it is Murray and Akroyd mostly.

And Sigourney Weaver. :fap:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think of Rick Moranis because I love the line of dialogue "I'm going to have to bring this up at the next tenant's meeting, there's not supposed to be any pets in the building" while he's being chased by the gargoyle. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I always liked when Moranis gets the monitors put on his head and the screen looks like a gargoyle. That is great.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I always liked when Moranis gets the monitors put on his head and the screen looks like a gargoyle. That is great.

Yeah, and his scream at the restaurant before sliding down the glass window...and then the people just go back to eating like nothing happened. That's the best!

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
The fact he always locked himself out of his apartment was awesome. I always crack up at that.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The fact he always locked himself out of his apartment was awesome. I always crack up at that.

Moranis totally stole the movie. I love when he introduces his guests as having a small dry cleaning business that's in receivership. :lol: Plus his excuse that he only invites clients instead of friends is priceless considering he clearly has no friends.

Bad News Booty

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He was great but he didn't steal it from Murray...Murray owned that movie...the whole thing was great. And I liked 2 quite a bit. I think he is just become old and jaded tbh I think that if they all wanted to they could have come up with a great script and brought this back for all of us that loved them so much and introduce them to a whole new audience. They are certainly enough talented funny actors that could have filled the roles and done them well (Rudd, Sudakis, Rogan , McBride, Day, & Reynolds). I am truly bummed and this is coming from a guy who watched that movie twice a day for a year when it came out and pretty much worships it. I think they could have made a damn good movie and poo pooing it is kind of snobbish. I also am a big fan of Ernie Hudson so I will not leave him out because he rules.