GFX League Trial Card: Defiant-Sensei vs. Lewbrication

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
Defiant-Sensei's Submission:
2hgw85v.jpg

Lewbrication's Submission:
Rihanna.jpg

For the time being, we won't operate using scoring, especially since this is a trial match, but it may be incorporated if we get the actual league going.

At this time, just post which gets your vote and comment as to why it gets your vote; essentially, Rate/Hate & vote.

No Flaming!

The_King

Reaction score
Defiant's is really good. The background is really appealing. The text flows well with the color and the image. Effects are strong and fit well. My only problem with it is the render. The face is a bit too bright for my taste, and it seems a bit off, especially around his left eye. Not sure if that's the effect or just Ziggler's disfigured face haha (probably the latter). Either way, really good. 8.5/10.

Lewb's is nice as well. The image on the right is striking, and sets the tone. The big 'R' on the left is just a bit too big and kinda' pulls in your focus too much. I'm not the biggest fan of the central image. It comes off as too blurry and is just too dark to maintain that brighter, grungy feel that the render on the right and the 'R' set. Pretty good. I'd probably give it a 6.5/6.7ish.

Both nice entries, but I have to give my vote to Defiant.

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
Defiant:
+: The text and coloring is good. Lighting, at least in my opinion, is pretty good.
-: That being said, I have to agree with Sean and say that the render is too light, cut awkwardly at the bottom and obscures most of the text. The random cracks also obscure the text.

Lewb:
+: The render on the right is sleak, as is the smoke. Coloring is good, as is the lighting.
-: The background is too blurry and heavily contrast with the foreground. The space in the middle which puts focus on the background obscures the point of your entry.

My vote is for Defiant.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Defiant - Text and its coloring look good together. Good render used but I would change the colors. The red-green transition doesnt fit with the background for me.

Lewb - When I first look at it I dont know on what I should concentrade. Background is to blury and the space in the middle is too big. It´d look better if you´d put the Rihanna that´s on the right to the center and put the R behind her.

Defiant gets my vote.

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
Defiant gets my vote. Both were good, and the Rihanna one looks more polished but Defiant's looks like it was more difficult to make.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Both of these are great but went with Defiant as well. A fan of the the color blending he did as well as the background theme.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love that Ziggler sig, I want to use it!

Love how the text is in the background and everything. Defiant gets my vote.

Steve9

Reaction score
I'm going with Defiant.
There's not a lot wrong with it except the red to green transition in the background and the crack that kind of stops dolph's left arm. I don't know why but it just sticks out to me.

Lewb's was kind of spread apart. At first I didn't see the middle picture but I moved my screen up a little bit and then I saw it. Oh and for the right picture, her hand is over the sig's border. I'm not sure if you meant to do that? It just needs a few changes and it would be a pretty good sig.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Defiant on this one

I don't really get that the cut looks wrong. Maybe because it stops at his left hand but to me he's obviously standing behind the letters at the bottom and in front of the ones at the top.

Lewb
I think yours is just a tad bigger than it needs to be too much space and the R and Rihanna seem to be battling for my atttention.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I'm going with Defiant, really like the colors used and the texture. Love how the text is in the background.

Lewb

Reaction score
Cheers for the input guys. I'm a lot better than I was before, but I want to get to a better level than I am, I feel I only have simple skills compared to a lot of people and want to improve so hopefully I will see a development during the league.

Defiants yours is really nice.... the only flaw I have to give is Ziggler is two G's not three :p

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I was hoping no one would notice

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Defiant gets my vote, Lewbs is good and he's def's improving but it lacks umph.... I like the typography on defiants.

Deuce

Reaction score
Defiant, his GFX is just better than Lewb's, I like them both but Defiant's is more detailed and better.