GFW's future is very uncertain.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
With Jeff Jarrett out; GFW faces uncertain future

Reported by Justin Barrasso Via sports illustrated.com:

Jeff Jarrett is out as Global Force Wrestling’s Chief Creative Officer, and the move has the potential to have a wide-reaching impact within the professional wrestling industry.

GFW released a statement that Jarrett needed to focus on personal issues. When asked for clarification on Jarrett’s status, GFW’s parent company, Anthem Sports and Entertainment, declined comment.

Jarrett’s exit creates an entire realm of possibilities for GFW, which, up until 2017, was known as TNA Impact Wrestling.

GFW is hemorrhaging funds, and sources close to the situation have confirmed that Anthem is ready to withdraw itself from the wrestling industry and sell GFW. Anthem even needed to gut the Fight Network in order to finance GFW.

Another wrinkle to the story is that Jarrett still owns the name of Global Force Wrestling, so Anthem would be selling Impact Wrestling.

...Why can't this company just get it together...

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
You know, Impact has survived so many uncertain futures, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they inject cockroach blood into the talent there

• Haha
Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
You know, Impact has survived so many uncertain futures, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if they inject cockroach blood into the talent there

pretty much, I think the company finally dying is as foreign a concept as the company succeeding is.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

You mean Flair blood? :woo1:

Giggityfish80

The Showoff
Reaction score
To say Jarrett is out is a little premature he's simply been given leave for whatever reason. Reports of GFW dying seem a little presumptious as all this "info" comes from unreliable sources like a certain podcast that everyone running a dirtsheet site seem to take their news from. Jeff takes time away and suddenly all these stories come out "Anthem wants out"..."The Anthem/GFW sale was never finished".....for all we know Jeff is burnt out from working hard and just wants a few weeks off to go on a cruise or something.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Just when the product was one of the most enjoyable ones going right now.

Hope the company sticks on and the talent doesn't abandon ship, I feel a WWE talent raid coming on.

Wrasslemaniac

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hopefully it doesnt mean their demise though, not that GFW are competition for WWE but the more promotions and places for these guys to ply their trade the better.

If their do then at least WWE will swoop in and pick the up the tape library and put it on the network

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
False presumptuous reports of TNA going under? Hmmm, must be September again. This "news" seems to break every year with a new twist right after Vince McMahon's birthday. Coincidence? I think not

Reactions: Snowman1

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So the story is they are making a streaming network? Lol... so they are copying WWE when they are on their limbs. But then again they are missing the big picture, they could make this network not just for GFW but for other promotions too, but I don't know what the goal is here.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
"GFW's future is very uncertain."

bro why is this tagged as "news"? This has been the state of the promotion literally for years now.
tbh the title should be "Jeff Jarrett leaves TNA, looks to form new wrestling promotion"