Generation Me

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Generation Me are shit at charisma and executing promos. They suck at even having a gimmick. Hell, they were doing a weird storyline with Jordan and Young on Xplosion and they still stood there and looked on. They showed 0 personality.

They are good at wrestling, but that's only half the story.

Montana

Reaction score
Yeah, i agree their characters in TNA don't exactly work. It worked perfectly in PWG, cause they had history. They really got noticed when they beat the MCMG in 2009 at PWG's 99th show (argueably PWG's best show) From there they got too good for TNA, thus small dorky heels, but BIG heads.

Now they show up in TNA with that gimmick it doesn't work cause they don't have the history. THey didn't hold the tag belts for a year. They are just small, dorky guys basically. None the less, in terms of in ring talent, these guys are great. Plus they are very young too.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
In terms of tag pyschology, Hot tags, working the crowd, double team moves, they are a complete tag team. Yes, they do flips, and a lot of high flying moves, however i wouldn't consider them spot monkeys.

Im going to sound like an idiot but, whats a spot monkey lol?

@Pumpt glad someone else can stick up for these guys, i really can't considering i haven't watched them alot on the indies.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Matt and Nick still have a lot of learning to do. To be honest, I think they would have benefitted from staying in ROH for at least 12-18 months solid, and work with teams like the Briscoes and Kings of Wrestling. Having feuds with those two teams is only going to help solidify yourself when you get a chance at a bigger show. I don't like the Generation Me name though. I would have preferred them to still be called the Young Bucks and go by their real names. They need to leave any resemblance to the Hardy's behind them and focus on being themselves. It may not be right away, but eventually you'll see these two have pretty damn good success. Like Montana said, they're still very young. Matt is 25 and Nick is a mere 21. So they should have some longevity to their career, barring injuries/personal issues, etc. If you want to see how good they can be, you need to look no further than their feud with Los Luchas in PWG. Im pretty sure youtube has a good amount of PWG content.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I actually like these 2. I knew nothing about their Indy work, but they really impressed me during their debut with MCMG. Since their 1st match I've wanted them to have a program and get a ppv match. I was disappointed that their previous match was just thrown out there. But after the match, they finally showed some type of character and are looking like heels. So I'm hoping they keep it up and we get a good long program.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Matt and Nick still have a lot of learning to do. To be honest, I think they would have benefitted from staying in ROH for at least 12-18 months solid, and work with teams like the Briscoes and Kings of Wrestling. Having feuds with those two teams is only going to help solidify yourself when you get a chance at a bigger show. I don't like the Generation Me name though. I would have preferred them to still be called the Young Bucks and go by their real names. They need to leave any resemblance to the Hardy's behind them and focus on being themselves. It may not be right away, but eventually you'll see these two have pretty damn good success. Like Montana said, they're still very young. Matt is 25 and Nick is a mere 21. So they should have some longevity to their career, barring injuries/personal issues, etc. If you want to see how good they can be, you need to look no further than their feud with Los Luchas in PWG. Im pretty sure youtube has a good amount of PWG content.

The Young bucks but under their real names, Nick and Matt Massie? Also, im sure TNA wants a trademarkable name.

pumpt73

Reaction score
Oh Im sure TNA was looking for that, but I still don't like Max and Jeremy Buck. Eh, to each their own. If not going by their given names, then just keep Jackson in the fold. I just don't like the sound of their individual names right now. Just me.

Double J

Reaction score
I agree with just about everyone else, I really like their ring work but I'm not wild about them. It would help if they had a better gimmick and some sort of mic time. At least one of them needs to be working toward getting their mic skills up, preferably both of them. One thing that makes MCMG and Beer Money great tag teams is that both guys in the team can cut promos. 9 times outta 10 if only one guy can cut a promo in a team then he's going to eventually split for a solo career.

Other thing they really need to work on is getting their own damn gimmick.

generationme-68.jpg
hardyzscreensaver.jpg

Let's see; they're brothers, one has long blond hair the other black, names Max/Matt Jeremy/Jeff, then let's go ahead and throw in the Rocker's old ring attire.

Their name sucks and they are still too known as The Young Bucks for Generation Me to stick. Maybe if they got a better name then maybe people would start calling them that instead. I said they need mic time but to be honest it's probably hard for them to come up with promo's just because they're copies of two other teams with no personality so how exactly are they suppose to come up with something creative that matches their current 'gimmick'?

To those that said they are better than Beer Money, to each his own I guess, but in my opinion Beer Money (like MCMG) is the total package when it comes to tag teams. They both can talk on the mic, they both have their own unique personality and yet still have chemistry together and make a believable team. Their ring work is perfect when it comes to being a heel team. MCMG are the same way just the face versions, their personalities are more simular to each other than Storm and Rhoodes but they build off each other to make entertaining promos instead of taking turns on the mic.

The Bucks, GMe, whatever you want to call them are young and have potential to grow but they just need to be given a chance at being somewhat original.

On a side note, they need to try this move. (I can't get the damn thing to embed, sorry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxXcIccvF8

Montana

Reaction score
I don't think anyone said Hardys and Generation ME are identical. There are similarities there as Double J noted in a nice post. It's like some someone says they are the next Rock. It's doesn't mean they are a clone of the rock. I've said this a bunch of times too in this thread too, These guys are 21 and 24. At this point in their career, the only thing holding them back in my opinion in their size.