Generation Me Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lucky

Reaction score
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * TNA tag team Generation Me announced that they requested and received their releases from TNA on Sunday. "Want you to hear it from us first: Yesterday, we asked for our release," Matt Jackson wrote on Twitter. "Special thanks to TNA and the fans for a wonderful experience." Follow Matt on Twitter at Twitter.com/MattJackson13.l:whoo:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Saw some of their feud with the Machine Guns and seen they can do some flips.

Other than that, they dressed like the jobber Hardy's and didn't sell shit. Don't care for spotfest teams.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am suprised they actually asked to be released, as unless they get an offer from WWE, I would think staying in TNA would be a pretty sound fincally investment, guess they were really fed up with their treatment, and are happy to compete on the indie scene for now.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
A team that does nothing but flips belong on the indies to be enjoyed by 5 people.

TheZig

Reaction score
I didn't care much for Generation Me, They did nothing in the 12 months or so they were in TNA. Some might disagree with me but i never saw them compete in a entertaining match. The Ultimate X match with the MCMG was rated highly but i've seen better versions of the match, Particularly the early matches. Maybe if they wasn't packaged so badly i might have got into them but what everyone has heard a thousand times they looked like cheap Hardy knock offs.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I see them going to Japan.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
A team that does nothing but flips belong on the indies to be enjoyed by 5 people.
No, you are wrong, they are much better than that, and why so smug about the indie scene, a promotion like Dragon Gate for example draws between 500 and 700 fans normally, I'd say for an indie promotion that is a very respectable turn out.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
God I been at bingos that had more people than a Dragon gate show.

Gen Me sucked, just because they were acrobats, don't mean they were great wrestlers. Hey maybe if they actually sold moves instead of just waiting for the next spot, I would be saying something different. But they were nothing more than kids who did flips.

Simple as that.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No, you are wrong, they are much better than that, and why so smug about the indie scene, a promotion like Dragon Gate for example draws between 500 and 700 fans normally, I'd say for an indie promotion that is a very respectable turn out.

How are they more than that? I've never seen anything to show they aren't just spot monkeys. Deezy's 5 is obviously an exaggeration expressing there is a small niche in favor of the flips compared to the bigger companies that use less flips.

Seak

Reaction score
They had entertaining matches in ROH. Their match against American Wolves was one of my favorite tag matches from ROH on HDNet. They had talent, but TNA wanted a spotfest tag team and that's what Gen Me gave them. Screw you Deez!

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Don't listen to Deezy man, when it comes to stuff like this, he knows wrestling. Every wrestler has to be a wrestling god, and small wrestlers who do acrobatic stuff is shit, and no one likes them. However, they are way better then the big guys that get shoved down our throat. I watch WWE for the people like Bourne, Morrison, Sin Cara, Mysterio, and the cruiserweights. THEY are the real entertainers.

I would like to see them back in RoH. Seeing how RoH may be rising soon, could be good for them.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Deezy is looking it from a really indepth Smark (not a certain type of website smark, a proper smark) which is where they ain't good wrestlers.

However, they are certainly entertaining to watch with their fast pace, spotfest style but they can wrestle good matches with the likes of The American Wolves. Ring of Honor is clearly a better company for them to be in as they would be book safely with Talent which can compliment them and make them look extremely better than what they really are.

To Ring of Honor & Dragons Gate:USA they go.

Last edited: