General Tennis Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well Murray was unsuccessful in the defence of his Japan Open title, losing in 3 sets to the very talented up and comer Miles Raonic!

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Murray survives a scare against Radek Stepanek to win in the Shanghai Masters QF, and remain unbeaten in the tournament. Djokovic is currently up a set against Tommy Haas, but Haas is up a break in the second, the winner faces Berdych in the Semi. The other Semi will be Murray vs either Roger SmugFed or Maran Cillic who play later.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Djokovic vs. Murray is the final for the Shanghai Open. Should be a good final and if Djokovic wins he will only be 200 ranking points behind Federer and may be able to take the number one spot to end the year.

Sam Stosur failed in the semis of the Japan Open and amazingly hasn't won a title yet this year. Unfortunately throughout her career she has won so few titles even though she has been in the top ten of the rankings in recent years.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No talk of Heather's victory then? This is awesome news and at such a young age. She has a very bright future.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hadn't actually seen the result of that match, I had only heard of the Stosur match I don't think we get this event on television. I haven't really heard of her before and I didn't realise that she was actually the number one ranked British female player. Good work by her to win a tournament at only 20, could be a huge future for British tennis in the future with her and Robson.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Only just got on after watching Djokovic beat Murray in Shanghai. Murray started well taking the first set, and had chances to win in the second, but Nole thought back and made Andy pay for not converting Match Points.

I am delighted about Watson's win though :).

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another tournament final and another loss for Stosur, so frustrating and it must be terrible for her. She is so talented yet is very mentally fragile, to only have won three titles (including one US Open) over her career is very poor. She should be winning three titles a year now that she is in the top ten. This time she went down to Wozniacki 2-6 6-4 5-7

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Wozniacki is a talented player as well, who has not reached her full potential so I don't think Stosur should be so hard on herself. In other news Murray has pulled out of the ATP 500 in Basel for the second straight year in a row, citing a back injury. It's a shame really, and it's kinda annoying as a Murray fan to see him pull out so late. I guess the tournament will once again be the smugfed show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True Wozniacki is a talented player who had the distinction of being number on without having ever won a major but in general Stosur should be picking up more titles each year. Pity that Murray has pulled out but understandably he will want to get himself fit for the big events to come.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Stosur added into YEC TROY

She had a shocking tournament. In her first match she had 26 more winners but also 24 more unforced errors to lose in three sets. Ended up with pretty much nothing from the tournament.

Mens end of year tournament is coming up next week, there are still a couple of qualifiers left to determine.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
She got bagled TWICE. Must be a horrible feeling.

Serena won though which I expected.