General Comic Book Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
As a guy usually who despises superhero blockbusters, is GOTG any good?
I enjoyed it and was pretty surprised. I keep telling people who ask that question that my mother even enjoyed the movie - and she too does not enjoy the superhero blockbuster type movies. She took my nephew to see it. She admitted it was Groot's character that she liked about it. And the music in the soundtrack which is mostly 70's stuff I think.

Reactions: Bort

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I loved GotG, I'm more excited for Marvel's Inhumans as well as DC's Suicide Squad movies, I like the low key comics by the major companies.. The GotG comics are pretty sweet as well, I've only read like 5 of them but I like how they're done for sure.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So... new release day..

All New Captain America #1 was released... Sam aka Falcon has official taken over the role of Captain America and goes on his first major mission with Capt. Rogers in his ear.. great action and well written.. the ending really has me looking forward to the next issue.

Thor #2.. so at the end of issue #1 you see her pick up Mjolnir.. in this issue we see her use it.. there were some funny parts as she tries to figure out how to wield Mjolnir and the powers it has bestowed upon her.. so far so good.. great writing by Jason Aaron as always.

Mostly everything else I read today was either DC or independent... not too busy a day in comics really.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm not a Cap fan, but I had my favorite / semi-local comic shop add the Stephen Colbert variant cover to my pull file, so I may or may not actually give it a read.

Thor #1 is also in my pull file, which I'll eventually go see them and get. Wasn't 100% thrilled with the decision to take on the whole female role for the character, but am admittedly curious how that goes, so I want to check it out. Plus I'm a sucker for Jason Aaron's writing. I'm also looking forward to checking out the Thor Annual in February -- already pumped for it.

Haven't gotten to read comics in quite a while (stupid, crazy work lately), but have plenty in my "to read" pile, plus others waiting for me at the comic shop (along with the Catwoman and Wonder Woman Bombshell prints, woot!).

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Bombshell eh?? :ksi:

Oh yeah. :haha: I'm the awesome friend who got my Harley-loving friend some bottles of the Harley Quinn Bombshells perfume for her birthday. (And it smells amazing.) They've got those same Bombshells images as prints now, and...... ah screw it, it's DC but I'll stick it here ( :ksi: ) anyway.

fac7119d53fc2bc16c65630762b94db7.jpg

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
7015736d89731544133d69d45d098f87.jpg

Not Marvel.. but, oh well... this needs to be a general comic book discussion thread anyway.. I've discovered a bunch of cool titles I would love to talk about.​

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Oh yeah. :haha: I'm the awesome friend who got my Harley-loving friend some bottles of the Harley Quinn Bombshells perfume for her birthday. (And it smells amazing.) They've got those same Bombshells images as prints now, and...... ah screw it, it's DC but I'll stick it here ( :ksi: ) anyway.

fac7119d53fc2bc16c65630762b94db7.jpg

Dammit... stop being faster than me! lol

Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
7015736d89731544133d69d45d098f87.jpg

Not Marvel.. but, oh well... this needs to be a general comic book discussion thread anyway.. I've discovered a bunch of cool titles I would love to talk about.​

Agreed, lol. As much as I like Marvel and read a few Marvel titles, I'm more of a DC and independents kind of girl.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
A night that involves spending a little more than $100 on comics and comic-related goodness is a great night. :eek:tunga:

Reactions: Just Kevin