• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Chit-Chat Thread - No Spoilers

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
One of the things Russo doesn't get credit for is he actually cared about thunder. Whether that was good or not can be debated but he booked Thunder no differently than he would Nitro and started using all the same talent and etc.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Think Russo left WWF in early October. Because I was at the UK PPV in early October which is the one it was said Russo quit afterwards. Maybe he didn't actually start work until late Oct?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Think Russo knew that WWF had peaked at least when it comes to ratings etc... And WCW naively believing he was the main reason offered him a shit load of money.

Kross Rhodes

I mean he was under the right filter, but he didn't have that in WCW. Plus, they only gave him 3 months. Ratings actually improved over Nash's bookings the 3 months before Russo. But they got impatient and wanted an easy fix and brought Sullivan back which is what caused 2000 to go straight into the shitter losing 4 top workers.

Kross Rhodes

Tenay wasn't like the booker, booker, but he was on a team of guys in late 1999 when the ship had no captain