Gay People

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Just a warning, not bagging or supporting homosexuals, just a question.

Are they born gay or do they develop their feelings over time?

I've always been curious and I've heard people say both those answers so I'm at a loss to what it is. Anyone know?

seX-Power

That question could be tempting to turn this thread into spam, so let's all be mature about this. >_>

CT Styles

It's not Casual Talk so they'll probably be infracted.

JimmyD

Reaction score
There's a big sociological debate about whether homosexuality is triggered by genetics or environment. Certainly an argument can be made that if Freddy Mercury had been born somewhere like Jamaica the chances of him being gay would have been exponentially lower given that culture's inherent homophobia, but the other side of that coin is that he was 'programmed' to be gay by an increased amount of oestrogen in his system.

In my oppinion both are factors in the outcome and should be treated with as much validity as each other.

seX-Power

Personally, I think it's not choice and I've met people that have said that they didn't want to be gay but know they are. But that doesn't mean much, so I'm still confused about the answer.

JimmyD

Reaction score
I actually had a very heated debate with someone about this, which stemmed from a discussion about paedophilia. He was claiming all sexual preferences are a choice whereas I was argueing that - at the very least - a significant portion of that decision is down to your biology. My thinking is that an attraction to children is the same as an attraction to people of the same sex in that it can be something that you are born with; a 'defect', to use an awkwardly blunt phrase, when compared to what is seen as 'normal' in our society. Obviously the key difference is consent, which is why being gay is not a problem but being a paedophile is.

At the end of the day all sexual deviancies (although Id' like to point out that I use this phrase for want of a better one: in no way do I view gays as deviant) are at least in part down to the your genetic make up.

CT Styles

I'm not heavily Christian in any way but I believe that the body was made to be attracted to the other sex and to have sex with it with intentions to make a baby. Obviously, with the same sex you can't do that thus, I don't believe that it's a genetic thing.

the dark knight

Personally, I think it's not choice and I've met people that have said that they didn't want to be gay but know they are. But that doesn't mean much, so I'm still confused about the answer.
thieves, killers and rapists say the same.

anyway, you can argue biology might have something to do with it in SOME cases but does it matter? im sorry but even if you feel like fucking other guys, you simply DONT do it.

edit-

hi kaedon :)

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Both

You can be born gay depending on how you're raised, and the stuff around you.

You can turn gay based on influence, and lack of getting girls.

EDIT: FUCK!

I'm stupid lol

Kizza

I believe personally that people are born homosexual. Whether something has gone wrong in their chromosones that cannot be sighted, or something else during the development in the womb, I don't know. Until there is proof either way that they are born homosexuals or if it is a lifestyle choice, there will always be debate or an opinion on why.

MikeRaw

Both

You can be born gay depending on how you're raised, and the stuff around you.

You can turn gay based on influence, and lack of getting girls.

EDIT: FUCK!

I'm stupid lol

That part I bolded wouldn't be considered being born gay, lol. That would be considered becoming gay/choosing to be gay.
But as for the main topic... I'm not a scientist, so I really have no evidence to back up either way, but to me, it's not really relevant anyway. Why's it matter how someone got gay. Either they're gay or not. Either you hate them, or don't mind them, but either way, it shouldn't be affected by whether or not they were born gay or chose to be.

PHIism

Reaction score
When your born your sexual orientation isn't set, but people still don't choose to be gay either (I know I didn't), it's something that develops though your upbringing, surroundings etc, at least that's what I think.....

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm split between this. I thought that people weren't born gay that they develop feelings over time. I don't see how you are born gay. I don't think it's in genetics that you are gay.

But after watching the previous season of The Real World, there was a birdie on there that said it always felt like it was a girl ever sine it was like 6 or 7 (obviously being gay in the process). How do you feel that way at such a young age? 7? I was thinking about toys and playing, I didn't even like girls then. They were friends, nothing more nothing less.

But I think it has something to do with how your raised or your surroundings with how you become. If you grow up in a rich uppity surrounding/nieghborhood, your likely to become that way. If your raise or around violence alot and that's all you witness on a daily basis, your likely to become that way, if you have gay parents, watch gay movies, everything around you is gay, I think more than likely you will turn out gay.

You have to throw in curiousity in this as well. Everyone is curious about something. A guy may think, "Hmm, I wonder what it feels like for another guy to touch my dick?" He does it, he likes it, it goes further, "I wonder what it would be like to suck another guy dick or vis versa?" He tries it, goes further, anal sex, lovers, it goes on, that could come into play to.