Gamer victim of Swatting..

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A hoaxer who triggered a massive police response on New York's Long Island was engaged in an increasingly popular prank called "swatting," authorities say.

"It’s a nationwide epidemic right now, where people play video games, and if you lose the video game, you try to develop information about the person you're playing, and then we send this army of police personnel out," Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney told CBS New York. "In this bizarre world of swatting, you get points for the helicopters, police cars, the SWAT team, and the type of entry. It’s very sophisticated, and unfortunately it's also very dangerous."

Tangney said dispatchers received a call Tuesday afternoon from a person who identified himself as Rafael Castillo, a 17-year-old from Long Beach.

"I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people," the person said, according to police.

The threat prompted Nassau County police to scramble helicopters and send a SWAT team to Castillo's home, leading to a 90-minute standoff that involved more than 60 officers, some with guns drawn.

Read the rest and watch the news report here: http://news.yahoo.com/call-of-duty-swat-long-island-131101346.html?vp=1

Is this some new trend or something?

Stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Swatting has been around for a while, but was there really a need to send 60 officers and a helicopter to one kid who "shot his Mum"? Obviously you would need to send a decent amount of armed officers there, but swatting isn't exactly a new trend, so surely they must be more resourceful with the officers they send out? It seems drastically unnecessary to send that many out.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
60 officers? Sheesh, where were they when Tupac got shot?

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
Is this some new trend or something?

No it is not, it's a petty prank that's sadly been around for quite a few years. I've known people that have done it simply over silly forum drama, and I'm sure a few others on the site have known some too.

THIS is why you keep your identity on the internet anonymous. You don't know what jerk you'll run into that's petty enough to do this.

Reactions: Just Kevin