Kayfabe Game Changing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Jet Starr and Marie Quinn are already in the ring, after a brief commercial break.
They both have larger than life smiles on their faces, showing an immense amount of excitement.

Jet: Ladies and gentlemen of Oklahoma, thank you for joining us tonight!
Marie: Tonight marks another historic moment for Ignition. Tonight the wrestling business as a whole will be turned on its head, because a whole lot of things are about to change. But, before we get to that announcement, Jet has another very important announcement.
Jet: Tyson Storm. My Intercontinental Champion. I'll admit, I didn't think you had the balls to basically hold up an entire division. You were suspended for getting physical with an Ignition employee, and rightfully so. All you had to do was apologize, y'know, like a man. But, you decided to be a little [censored] and stay at home.

The fans are split with boos and cheers.

Jet: So, you forced the companies hand. Now before I announce what match you're in, let me make one thing clear to you. You better retain your championship at Winter Wonderland, because as long as you hold that, you have leverage. I'm not going to take it from you, I'm not making you give it up and I'm not going to make it purposefully difficult for you when it comes to defending it. However, I still don't like what you've done around here. So, as voted on by many, you are going to have a hell of a fight ahead of you, literally, because you are going to be inside Hell in a Cell...with three other contenders for your Intercontinental Championship.

Fans cheer at this announcement, excited for such a big match.

Jet: Now, onto another big announcement. Probably the biggest announcement there will ever be in Ignition. The lovely woman standing to my left, my assistant and head of the SPARK brand, Marie Quinn, has managed to push this company in an unprecedented direction. Since she has brokered this deal, I will let her have all the honor. So Marie, the ring is all yours.

Jet tosses the microphone towards ringside, pats Marie on the back and leaves the ring to go backstage.

Marie: Ehem, thank you very much Jet. When I was given the job of running a women's division as well as being assistant to the General Manager, I thought it was going to be all paperwork and tedious tasks. But, I earned trust from Jet and the higher-ups to work on my own projects. When I embarked on this specific project, I expected every obstacle to be thrown my way and for every door to be slammed in my face...Then I met a very special person, and he has made this all possible.

The audience seems a bit confused.

Marie: We're all aware of the point in time when two companies went head to head on Monday nights, battling for ratings supremacy in the world of sports entertainment. It was a bitter blood feud, with money being thrown wildly and friendships ending. It changed the business as we know it. Now, it's time for the business to change again. Ignition is currently standing as the second largest wrestling/sports entertainment company in America, and third worldwide. We are without a doubt a force to be reckoned with. But, where do we go from here? Well, we go up, and we evolve.

The crowd murmurs, with people trying to figure out what this announcement might be.

Marie: There is not going to be any type of war because that wouldn't be healthy for the wrestling business at all. Ignition is now free from any legal issues when it comes to speaking openly about World Wrestling Entertainment, yes that's right, the WWE. This is because we are now in an open working relationship with the WWE. Let me clarify, we are in no way owned by them. They are just openly promoting our events when we are going to be in the same area as them. On top of that, we will now have more financial backing, and there will be times where talent from either promotion can be "borrowed" for a show. I, on behalf of Ignition, met with Paul Levesque who is better known by his ring name "Triple H", and we came to more than fair terms on this open working relationship.

The crowd breaks out into chants of "Thank you Quinn! Thank you Quinn! Thank you Quinn!"

Marie: No, that brings me to the final part of the announcement. On February 25th, 2017, Ignition will have another Pay-Per-View. This Pay-Per-View will be called Adrenaline Rush, and it will be host to a match you all might be familiar with. We will be hosting our very own Money in the Bank ladder match on that night, and it will have the exact same rules as the original. But, even that isn't the big news. On that night, just before our big main event, we will hold the first ever inter-promotional match between the WWE and Ignition. That match will feature a WWE Superstar competing against one of Ignition's own home grown competitors.

The fans erupt with a "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!"

Marie: As far as the two men in this match...well the identity of the WWE Superstar appearing on that night will remain a mystery until Adrenaline Rush. However, the competitor representing Ignition will be announced within the coming weeks. So gentlemen on the Ignition roster, it is my call who will be in that match. Believe me, you want to be in that match. So, do your best to impress me in the coming weeks. Thank you all, and enjoy the rest of the show!

Marie Quinn places the microphone down and walks out of the ring. She heads up the ramp as the audience is going absolutely crazy at this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.