• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I watched my first invitiational live last year and I had such a blast. It's a really awesome show and you get some wild match-ups from it.

If you enjoy deathmatches it's for sure a must watch, it's one of their biggest shows of the year.

20231024_025719.jpg

Game Changer Wrestling has announced the return of the Nick Gage Invitational to New Jersey.

The 8th edition of the Nick Gage Invitational will take place during New Year’s weekend at The Showboat in Atlantic City, New Jersey. This is one of the biggest annual deathmatch tournaments. The entrants will be announced at a later date.

NGI 8 will occur on Saturday December 30th at 5pm. Tickets go on sale this Friday October 27th at 11am ET. The event is also scheduled to live stream on FITE+.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Shut up and do some kicks

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
We have our first entrant in to the NGI!

Always love to see first time GCW debuts in it.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Oh wow, Jacob Fatu in the tournament. I don't know if I've ever watched him do a Deathmatch, that's going to be quite something.

Hope he goes far. He'd be one of my picks. Lots of fresh faces so far, this is very interesting.

F9dGVBuWwAAEWOp

F9dGVOQXAAAUrbb

F9dGUL2WEAA3Ypg

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Should be great. Definitely my most hyped match on this card. I'm liking the variety of this card a lot, some fresh match-ups.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
I do really hope the Fite+ continues for a while. It's a great spot for them and I do think it's opened up the product to a lot of new fans. Just ease of access in general is really nice.

Interesting to read the Collective parts, Brett is really hyping it up and the prospect of a lot more international talent and shows. Which is exciting.

I might give this a full listen later.

20231025_053737.jpg

This week GCW owner Brett Lauderdale spoke with Lavie Margolin and John Poz on The Business of the Business.

Lauderdale gave his thoughts on several subjects including The Collective, their partnership with FITE+, Matt Cardona, and much more. You can listen to the entire interview now, wherever you listen to podcasts.

Lauderdale on The Collective:

Well, in terms of the, you know, the size of the venue, it’ll be similar to last year’s, and, you know, and I expect everything will probably sell out as a result. But in terms of the, the stature of The Collective itself, actually, right now, I think this could end up being the most packed, loaded, collective lineup, yet. I’m anticipating that we’re gonna have a lot of international partners this year and not yeah, no not just companies that run shows internationally but big international companies with you know, good followings and strong track records. So you know, I’ve been kind of working on piecing, those deals along and getting those, you know, confirmed. And yeah, I mean if everything goes according to plan, I think it’s gonna be probably the most exciting Collective yet.

Lauderdale on FITE+:

Yeah so it was a multi-year deal. It was a multi-year deal and we’re gonna be coming up on the end of the first year soon. And, yeah, I mean, I’ve talked to, I talk to FITE, of course, weekly and I know that there they have interest in extending it, as does GCW. You know, obviously, there’s always other factors that play you never know. You know, FITE is owned by Triller too. So you don’t know, maybe Triller will get in the mix in something like this. There’s a lot of variables, but I know that there’s interest in extending on both sides. And, you know, hopefully sometime soon we’ll talk about that.

Lauderdale on Matt Cardona:

A lot of people were inspired by Matt Cardona. People from the WWE bubble, you know that that might not have understood what the indies were or might not have understood what was out there, you know. And Matt definitely inspired a lot of people, and continues to. But yeah, that initial GCW run, I mean that was again pardon the pun that was a game changer and so many ways. I think that the influence had in the short term and the long term, I think we’re gonna continue to feel kind of the ramifications of his success and it’s, you know, again, I think it just made everybody look differently at the indies.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Also two of my favourite wrestlers currently going at is is so sweet. That makes me happy.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o
Lowkey hoping Blake drops the belt soon.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Cards for tonight and tomorrow's shows. I'm not fully sure if I'll be here yet for either. It looks like a pretty fun weekend.

I'd wager a guess Please, Buddy will be the better show overall, although Saturday is very top heavy with Janela/Fatu and Gringo/Masha which do intrigue me. It also has SGC vs. War Dogs.

F-BHNP3XcAAUuTb

• Masha Slamovich vs. Joey Janela
  • Blake Christian vs. Warhorse - GCW World Championship
  • Maki Itoh vs. Shazza McKenzie
  • Gringo Loco vs. Mike Bailey
  • Jordan Oliver vs. Alec Price vs. Man Like Dereiss
  • War Dogs vs. Bros
  • Bussy vs. Violence is Forever
  • Los Macizos & Jimmy Lloyd vs. Second Gear Rejects
  • Matt Cardona & Steph De Lander vs. Charli Evans & Everett Connors
  • Santana Jackson vs. Dan the Dad
F-BQZ_OXwAAVAPd

• Joey Janela vs. Jacob Fatu
  • Blake Christian vs. Tank - GCW World Championship
  • Masha Slamovich vs. Gringo Loco
  • Maki Death Kill vs. Young, Dumb & Bros
  • War Dogs vs. Second Gear Crew
  • Mike Bailey vs. Santana Jackson
  • Los Macizos vs. Violence is Forever
  • Steph De Lander vs. Jimmy Lloyd
  • Charles Mason vs. Mike Jackson

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Whilst I'm here, yet another great match-up announced for Billie

• Love

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
i cant find a streaming site that has GCW events or any of the indies

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
i cant find a streaming site that has GCW events or any of the indies
I primarily use Fite these days, although if you google 'Watch Pro Wrestling' you might have some luck. Mostly with GCW.