'Gambit' Solo X-Men Movie Announced!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
cd269af79a98bea5032f61e911fc767b.jpg

Fox has just announced that a Gambit movie will be released on October 7, 2016. Channing Tatum has previously been tied to the role of Gambit, and the actor confirmed his role in the film via Twitter after Fox's announcement.

First debuting in Uncanny X-Men [HASHTAG]#266[/HASHTAG], Gambit was a professional thief when he first joined the group. His mutant ability allows him to mentally create and control pure kinetic energy. A kinetically charged cards which he hurls as explosive projectiles is often his weapon of choice.

Gambit previously appeared in the 2009 film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and was previously portrayed by actor Taylor Kitsch.

Previous reports have indicated that Robocop screenwriter Josh Zetumer will be writing the script for the Gambit spinoff film. The script will reportedly be based on a treatment by legendary X-Men comic book writer Chris Claremont, who created Gambit along with artist Jim Lee.

Tatum will reportedly co-produce with his partner at Free Association Reid Carolin, The Donners Company’s Lauren Shuler Donner, and Genre Films’ Simon Kinberg.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/06/gambit-movie-announced-for-october-7-2016/

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
What's sad is I was actually kind of excited about the idea of a Gambit movie.... until I found out Tatum would star in the film. I just care nothing for him.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
What's sad is I was actually kind of excited about the idea of a Gambit movie.... until I found out Tatum would star in the film. I just care nothing for him.

I was in love with Gambit as a kid (nobody judge me) but I'm not convinced Channing Tatum is the right guy for this either.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm going to reserve my judgements on Tatum until the teaser/trailer comes out, not going to lie he has the potential to play a pretty mean Gambit especially if he can get that cajun accent down.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
I'm going to reserve my judgements on Tatum until the teaser/trailer comes out, not going to lie he has the potential to play a pretty mean Gambit especially if he can get that cajun accent down.

If it seems like he can properly pull it off, I may end up watching it. If so, I'll be watching it by myself, haha. The only friend who would watch it with me absolutely cannot stand him and says he looks too much like Cena.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If it seems like he can properly pull it off, I may end up watching it. If so, I'll be watching it by myself, haha. The only friend who would watch it with me absolutely cannot stand him and says he looks too much like Cena.
Channing is much prettier than Cena ;).