Gail Kim coming back to TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Should I just copy and paste from the other thread my several examples of ways WWE is often so sexist it makes me ashamed to be a wrestling fan when the Divas come on screen? I'd be happy to, if you select people have already forgotten.

Anyway, getting Gail back would be cool, but I think now she'll have to accept a lesser position. From what we've seen ODB is taking over as dominant Knockout. And rightfully so, since she really is the more over one.

chessarmy

Truthslayer (from youtube) put up a video about this, and I figured that I'd post it here since this is about Gail Kim possibly coming back. Its a pretty good video, with lots of great points:

[YT]Q5cMi12xI-Q[/YT]

The Rated R CMStar

Should I just copy and paste from the other thread my several examples of ways WWE is often so sexist it makes me ashamed to be a wrestling fan when the Divas come on screen? I'd be happy to, if you select people have already forgotten.

Anyway, getting Gail back would be cool, but I think now she'll have to accept a lesser position. From what we've seen ODB is taking over as dominant Knockout. And rightfully so, since she really is the more over one.

Please do so. Or at least link.

chessarmy

^ Nerd or not, that guy is a pretty knowledgeable wrestling fan. He's like 30 years old and he's been watching wrestling forever.

This Guy

There is still the small matters though of the following:

- King's commentary (PUPPIES!)
- Being expected to pose for playboy

And also I think the general attitude towards women in WWE is different. The womens division is not taken seriously and therefore not much effort and thought is put into the writing. Besides I'm betting that WWE will use Gail for no longer than a year before spitting her back out again.

ETA: Oh and I agree entirely about the washed up stars swallowing up the money. Nash and Sting should be kicked out immediately. As for Foley, well I'm a big Foley fan as you can see, so I can't say nothing about him. And the contract is short term whereas Sting and Nash have been in the company for years doing a fat load of nothing.

Well I won't disagree about the King's commentary, but you realize that if the King was doing comentary on Impact it would be the same thing...no matter how serious the Knockout Division is suposed to be. Thats just The King.

The Playboy thing is not a valid arguement. Playboy asks the divas to pose. The Diva has the right to say no.

But how much more seriously can you take the knockouts division when you got Kute Kip and the Beautiful People getting ready for a big match by making sure there hair is perfect, Angelina challenging the Champion to a Beauty Contest with a Swimsuit, Talent, & Evening Gown copitition, and ODB sitting on the crapper while cutting a promo on her upcoming oppoenent? Oh and lets not forget Val forcing Jay & Sonjay into a Ladder match with the winner gets her.....sounds a little like the Matt Hardy vs. Kane over Lita deal if you ask me. The first things seem pretty much the same to me as it relates to explointing the women's division as sex objects....and the being on the crapper thing is as degrading as when the Spirit Squad had to wrestle in women's cheerleader outfits.

The fact is this, Gail was in TNA and loyal to TNA because of higher class the women's division was given. And no one would disagree with that. But the key word in that scentence is "was". With Russo at the helm, its going to go more this trashy route. Scott D'Amore gave the women class. He's gone now. So Russo has his hands in that now too, and ever since then, the Women in TNA are being treated more and more like WWE Divas all the time.

TNA's mistake was thinking Gail would be loyal for less money. And if TNA was still treating there women with the same class they were when the division started, I'm sure she would have, but she left, and the money may have been a motivating factor, but I'm sure it wasn't the only reason.

Yeah Lawler makes comments about the women of a typical male pig. So what? Does it change the fact that the Raw Divas matches are getting better. Look how far along Candice Michelle has come. Playboy cover girl, eye candy, and now she's actually starting to become a decent wrestler. Kelly Kelly has improved quite a bit. Mickie James, Melina, Beth Phoneix, they can actually wrestle and thats what they do, its not about looks or anything else. Its about the gold its getting things done.

Even Smackdown has started to sharpen up there divas image as well. Is it perfect no. But where as WWE seems to be starting to treat there divas with more class, TNA seems to be treating theres with less. Sexist remarks and lude and crude comments over women will always happen. Its just a fact.

As for the Foley comment, although its a short deal what I was trying to say was he is probably making as much for his entire short deal that Nash or Sting make on there entire long term deal. So again that would be a waste of money. I like Foley too, but what is he really going to do to help TNA? Not much...hense why they can't aford to pay women like Gail Kim what they deserve to keep them and have to hope they will stay loyal for less.

Ballin

Reaction score
TNA will not be able to top or come close to WWE's offer so therefor I don't think she'll sign with TNA. It's all a money issue though which sucks, because Gail is alot better on TNA [And I'm a fan of both promotions btw].

This Guy

I'm bumping this because I'm curious to know if gashface still believes that TNA is not degrading there women...since she never replied to my last post and there have been some intresting additions.

You used the arguement of Jerry Lawler shouting puppies and oggoling the women....have you not listed to Don West lately. Here are some gems from West just from tonights PPV alone.....

"whoever wins this match DESERVES So Cal Val...or at least a night with her"

Don West with another gem saying when he first heard about this match he was skeptical but seeing this match he thinks they should put a woman up for grabs in every match

"nothing like a Ladder Match to get the old hormones going"

thats just from one match. And again what about the beauty pagent and the stuff with Curryman during it, and again tonight with Christy Hemme.

And again with the comentary during the Beauty Pagent....

Mike Tenay declares that the only thing missing is a stripping pole

Don West randomly screams out, and I quote, "winner, winner, chicken dinner!" when Angelina give Sharkboy & Curryman a close up of the goods.

Moonlight Drive

TG covered most of what I wanted to say.

Doesn't anyone notice that is the King's GIMMICK? Shouldn't we all be downgrading Double J because he used to beat up random women as part of his GIMMICK? Or maybe randomly bash Kane because as part of GIMMICK he set Jim Ross on fire? This is professional wrestling, it's meant to be like that.

Seriously, name me 3 Bikini contests the WWE has had over the last year.

gashface

Reaction score
Well seen as I'm still watching no surrender as I'm in the UK, I havnt seen the commentary yet so can't comment. I did however make many complaints in the last impact thread concerning the commentary and the tone of the beauty pageant. I just didn't think it was necessary to rouse this thread with it to be honest, I had kind of forgotten about it.

But I agree that TNA is destroying their knockouts with the new sexual tone, I'm not going to deny that. But I still have to believe in them when they put on great matches like ODB Vs. Kong etc. But my patience is wearing thin, I'd like to sock Russo. But then again wouldn't everyone.

This Guy

Well seen as I'm still watching no surrender as I'm in the UK, I havnt seen the commentary yet so can't comment. I did however make many complaints in the last impact thread concerning the commentary and the tone of the beauty pageant. I just didn't think it was necessary to rouse this thread with it to be honest, I had kind of forgotten about it.

But I agree that TNA is destroying their knockouts with the new sexual tone, I'm not going to deny that. But I still have to believe in them when they put on great matches like ODB Vs. Kong etc. But my patience is wearing thin, I'd like to sock Russo. But then again wouldn't everyone.

See this is why I like you and insist that your are one of the better posters on this forum. You get it. I respect your loyalty to TNA. I respect your loyalty to your convictions, but your willing to see both sides of the coin, and I totally respect that most of all. You will not be who my next rant is the subject of.

Airfixx

^^^In all fairness, his/her expression of views towards WWE's women is unfortunately not so balanced and objective (in other threads of similar subject matter).

Seems quite apparent to me that WWE is way less sexed-up than it used to be whilst TNA is becoming more so. At which point will the bashing switch from WWE to TNA? ...Or will it at all? ...Or has the TNA womens div just been a handy tool for defending the virtues of a fave fed in the same way that the Divas were for a while a convenient way to bash WWE?

Hmmmm.... Questions.... Questions...

gashface

Reaction score
I know WWE isn't as bad but it's general image is still just as bad, people are like that about WWE because of it's past and it will take some serious work before people forget that. Plus the addition of a pointless divas division with average to poor workers doesn't make it seem like WWE has much respect or faith in their womens division.

Trust me if TNA becomes overly sexualized it will definately sour my opinions of TNA, as I half watch TNA for the knockouts division. But TNA hasn't got the reputation that WWE has and therefore I would rather watch a TNA knockout match (not least because they are better) than a womens match in the WWE, that is given little time (max six minutes usually).