Full House returning to TV?!?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A lot of reports have been coming out as of VERY early this morning discussing a new take on Full House; it seems very legitimate that they are indeed trying to bring back the series with almost all of the original main characters.. While the project may not be confirmed the idea is being mulled around VERY seriously by Warner Bros.

a86ae3577153c52d36c37189ffdb5f69.jpg

Here's one report from TVGuide..

"Could a Full House return be in the works? The family sitcom, which aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995, is still a ratings juggernaut via repeats on Nick at Nite. Now Warner Bros. TV is mulling a new take on Full House, with some of the original cast intact.

Leading the charge is John Stamos (Uncle Jesse) — who has an ownership stake in the show, which gives him good reason to champion the new series. Original executive producer Bob Boyett and creator Jeff Franklin (who's writing the new version) are actively involved. Candace Cameron Bure (D.J.), Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie) and Andrea Barber (Kimmy) are on board, while Bob Saget (Danny) and Dave Coulier (Joey) are also involved in some way.

The cast has remained tight-knit and some of the actors have let it slip in the past that they'd like to see Full House return. Stamos, Coulier and Saget appeared in a yogurt commercial earlier this year, and also showed up on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon dressed as their Full House characters. Appearing on Bravo's Watch What Happens Live this past winter, Stamos hinted that a Full House revisit was being pondered: "We're sort of working on a twist on a sequel," he told host Andy Cohen. "But we don't know if it's going to happen yet or not." In 2009, Stamos also told the press that a Full House movie had been developed.

But another comedy from ABC's family-friendly "TGIF" lineup, Boy Meets World, was recently revived on Disney Channel as Girl Meets World. Such a revival would make perfect sense given the timeless popularity of Full House. According to Nick at Nite, repeats of the show in primetime average 1.5 million viewers, up 7 percent from last year. Episodes are also average a 0.4 rating in the key 18-49 demo, up 8 percent from a year ago. The show even has a healthy teen fan base, a demo that wasn't even born when the show ended.

Full House was routinely a Top 25 show during its original run, but ABC canceled it in 1995 as the sitcom became too expensive to continue and tastes changed. Staffers offered to cut their pay in order to keep the show going, but to no avail.

Insiders say the studio pitched a Full House revival last year that would have been set up like FX's Anger Management, in which the network that airs it must pick up a 90-episode slate (produced at an accelerated pace) if the initial 10 episodes hit a certain rating. Ultimately that idea didn't pan out, but as new generations continue to discover Full House, there's no doubt a reboot would generate loads of interest."

The show may have gone off the air a little under two decades ago but there will most likely still be a huge following behind it should it indeed happen..

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the series really, but I have a feeling people will expect to much from it and it'll fall. Of course its also possible that it could be good, but I doubt it. That is if they bring the series back.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of the series really, but I have a feeling people will expect to much from it and it'll fall. Of course its also possible that it could be good, but I doubt it. That is if they bring the series back.

I think it will actually succeed, the fan base is still there and them using the same characters as a revival rather than a spin-off like Girl Meets World is to Boy Meets World makes it that much more likely to succeed.. All of the original pieces; Uncle Jesse, Danny, Uncle Joey, Stephanie, Kimmy, DJ are all on board.. I don't think the Olsen twins will be on board but that wouldn't really matter IMO.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I came in here to bash it, but seeing as most of the original cast will return I'll give it a shot.
When I first heard about it too I was like I hope it's not a spin-off but it's literally just looking to be a revival; the only ones that I don't see coming on are the Olsen twins and perhaps the Tuomy-Wilhoit boys that played Uncle Jesse and Aunt Becky's kids later in the series..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Stephanie developed quite nicely too :joeyryan:

4e9d81ba94ef6f570408353279f32c72.jpg

She did, pretty sure she ran out of meth money and that's why she's interested :p
Nah I guess she's clean now.

More Bob smurf, yay...

They better do something like this:

More than likely Michelle will not be in the show, or rather if she is I do not believe either of the Olsen twins will be interested in playing the character again.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
She did, pretty sure she ran out of meth money and that's why she's interested :p
Nah I guess she's clean now.

More than likely Michelle will not be in the show, or rather if she is I do not believe either of the Olsen twins will be interested in playing the character again.
Hopefully they kill her off.

Danny: it's so sad Michelle died.
Jesse: I know, can't believe she fell out of that tree
Joey (holding Mr.Woodchuck): was it made of............wood?
*canned laughter*

• Haha
Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Lol. They really need to stop with these remakes or whatever you want to call 'em.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lol. They really need to stop with these remakes or whatever you want to call 'em.
True but in some odd cases the revivals end up being better than the originals, unfortunately I can't think of a TV show at the moment that fits that but there are indeed some movie reboots/revivals that have been done successfully.

At least this revival has the original cast planned to be the main cast again rather than just a few returning characters and the others stuck in very MINOR roles.