• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fucking move theatres?!?!

exAusTiN

I wanted to go see Book of Eli, it's rated R. So I go up with my friends, they are all 17 and they get carded (keep in mind I am 16, but my birthday was 6 days away from this event, so I am so close to being 17) Well i go up to buy a ticket and this bitch denies me, I'm like are you fucking serious? I am 6 days off, like am I really going to get more mature in 6 days? It's not even a law that you have to be 17 to see an R rated movie. So yea my friends went and watched the movie while i sat in the car, fucking pissed me off ha

/rant

Wordlife

dude your friends are dicks. You should have tried and went to another movie theater

I feel bad dude, not to rub it in, but I saw Book of Eli opening day and it was amazing

But hey don't feel bad, this has happened to me too, I, no lies here, threatened to call management and sue the theater, and they let me in. My birthday was the NEXT day lol :)

But it was for a shitty movie anyways :smh

Axis

The movie theatre was in the right. You are not 17, and the policy is to only allow 17-year-olds into rated-R movies. It is that simple.

exAusTiN

The movie theatre was in the right. You are not 17, and the policy is to only allow 17-year-olds into rated-R movies. It is that simple.
I know but it's just the thought. Like your 20 years old, tomorrow it's your birthday and you'll be 21. If you go to a bar the eve of your birthday and they don't let you drink, I think thats bs. I mean there really is no difference in 1 day. I understand the rule and i respected it by not sneaking into the movie, but it's just the thought that pissed me off ha.

Wordlife

I have to agree with Axis because IT IS the rules

But still, they should have been nice :shifty:

Rated RJC

I know but it's just the thought. Like your 20 years old, tomorrow it's your birthday and you'll be 21. If you go to a bar the eve of your birthday and they don't let you drink, I think thats bs. I mean there really is no difference in 1 day. I understand the rule and i respected it by not sneaking into the movie, but it's just the thought that pissed me off ha.

If you have a problem with America's age laws then I propose you write to your local politician and get it changed.

The law is the law, it's not a question of how mature you are. It's a question of being the age you're supposed to be.

In other news, you're friends are dicks and very stupid. You shouldn't have chanced it in the first place, it's pretty simple. You buy a ticket to a different movie and walk into the one you want to see. It's a simple scam, teens 16 and under have been using it for years.

exAusTiN

If you have a problem with America's age laws then I propose you write to your local politician and get it changed.

The law is the law, it's not a question of how mature you are. It's a question of being the age you're supposed to be.

In other news, you're friends are dicks and very stupid. You shouldn't have chanced it in the first place, it's pretty simple. You buy a ticket to a different movie and walk into the one you want to see. It's a simple scam, teens 16 and under have been using it for years.
But it's not a law though is what I'm saying. And yea i was pretty pissed at them but w/e

Travis40

This is an unprovoked attack against movie theaters, I demand this member be banned immediately.

>_>

noumenon

It's a fairly new thing for movie theaters to card people. I remember when I was younger I always got into any movie no problem...even when I was like 13.