From Ken Shamrock's book, describing the WWF's locker-room culture in 1997.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
The death [of Brian Pillman] shook Shamrock, who had spent a lot of time with Pillman, who for better or worse was one of the wrestlers who indoctrinated him into life on the road.

“On one of my early trips, Brian was riding with me because he couldn’t rent a car,” Shamrock says. “He didn’t talk a whole lot and was drinking these Diet Cokes, one after another. There were four of them on the ground. He seemed a little off.”

“We get out to eat at this diner where all the boys had gone and he can’t walk. I thought he was dying. I went in and grabbed Stone Cold. I was really worried. Steve came out just to laugh at him. I thought he was dying but they told me he had just taken some gimmicks. That’s what they called somas.”

“He was literally drooling all over himself. Everyone was laughing at him and I just thought it was so cruel. I dropped him off in his room and thought ‘these people are wacked.”

I've read a lot about this, people like Shawn Michaels, and Xpac passing out in their soup taking those things. It's crazy to think these people think this was normal.

Undertaker recently on Joe Rogan's podcast was disappointed in the current WWE being too soft, and was annoyed that wrestlers were playing video games. Does this guy really think that the locker room in the late 90's was normal? Wrestlers dropping one after another like that. Hell I'll take softer wrestlers who don't do massive amounts of drugs/drinking. Not to mention the allegations of older wrestlers doing creepy shit to the young guys in the showers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Promos sure were a lot more entertainin' when folks were doin' coke.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
By the way, the next sentence in the book.

“But just a couple of months into it, I was right there with everybody else.”

Shamrock reminds me of Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle was so offended by raven vs sandman crucifixion angle, Then he fell into the horrors of professional wrestler's drug culture.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Damn kids these days.....who wants to live forever?

World was better off when people were laughing and playing weekend at Bernies with passed out pill heads. :loweringangle

Reactions: Kiffy Lube