• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Friday Night Smackdown thread, March 6, 2020: the nWo show up, a tag team gauntlet & more!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Roman can talk......just stop giving him bullshit to say.

He's proven it with every interview, tv talk show and his leukemia promos.

Just let the man speak for himself.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Send him to Raw and Heyman can just him a mic. Scripted promos are what fails superstars. Not the other way around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Scripted promos are fine.....just stop writing lame shit

That's like saying actors should just improv.

Kross Rhodes

Again, movies and wrestling aren't the same thing. The best promo guys in the business just improved. Your points of when he's a good talker are all times he wasn't scripted.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
he has natural charisma but wwe tried to force it with the promos they gave him over the years, when he's much better being his natural real self

Kross Rhodes

Unless they want scripted promos. Jarrett had Russo write his whole promos and that's fine if that's how you want it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Wrestling is live theater.....no ifs ands or buts about it.

They're literally calling themselves performers and they tell stories in a ring.......why can't people just admit that?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Wrestlers who can talk just need bullet points at the most. Letting them riff and improvise to crowd reactions tends to result in a better promo.

And for what it's worth, I've heard commentary on several of my favorite sitcoms saying that a lot of the funniest moments were improvised. So I guess it can apply to acting too.

Kross Rhodes

Live theater where for literally the entire history of the business they just put together their own matches and winged their promos off bullet points. Full scripted promos weren't a thing for all wrestlers in WWE until they hired a team of ex Hollywood writers.