• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Freddie Prinze Jr says he's made an offer to Bray Wyatt, not likely to be accepted

Chris

Dreams are Endless
While he doesn't have his wrestling promotion launched as of yet, actor and former WWE creative team member Freddie Prinze Jr. is still forging on and confirmed Wednesday that he has made an offer to Bray Wyatt.

Answering a question on his Wrestling with Freddie podcast, he confirmed that he put out a "creative offer" to Wyatt but it's not looking like he will take it.

"Financially, I wouldn't be able to compete with WWE, but I put other things in there that are more important to Bray," Prinze Jr. said. "I don't think I'm going to get it as the weeks go on, but we'll see."

Wyatt was to be the central figure that the wrestling end of things would revolve around, but Prinze said if he doesn't get him, he will find someone else and this is just a speed bump in the road.

Released by WWE in July 2021, Wyatt is expected to return and be the reveal behind the recent White Rabbit viral campaign that has played out on WWE TV over the past few weeks -- one that will likely come to fruition at Saturday's Extreme Rules.

If that happens, it would be the second wrestler Prinze Jr. was eyeing that signed with WWE as in August, he said he had spoken to Karrion Kross and was planning on him being their first champion. Kross returned to WWE in early-August.

Prinze Jr. said he is still moving ahead with plans for his wrestling promotion, something he first revealed this past May.

“I have a finished draft, a finished script. I have two producers that are both interested in wanting to partner up with me on this. I don’t have a TV deal in place but I have...very close to that," he said, adding that he is working on filling out a roster and that he already has secured the services of a female star "that people know and love."

He didn't rule out working with WWE and AEW with regard to talent, acknowledging that any WWE talent would likely be in a backstage role while AEW is more freer with their contracts.

No timeline was given for when he hopes to launch, but in May, he said he wanted to launch within 18 months.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Honestly I bet this all falls through, hope the best for him. But he seems to want to start in a place that I don't think he's ready to compete at. I think he'd have been better off buying ROH or attempting to get Impact. I just don't see him having the funding to start a show on TV. Also how does he have a script? He doesn't have anyone.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Honestly I bet this all falls through, hope the best for him. But he seems to want to start in a place that I don't think he's ready to compete at. I think he'd have been better off buying ROH or attempting to get Impact. I just don't see him having the funding to start a show on TV. Also how does he have a script? He doesn't have anyone.
Sounds like some lucha underground type stuff the way he's talking but yeah if he's got scripts and characters written, it'd be pretty funny if he's "casting wrestlers" for them

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
His biggest problem is he literally doesn’t follow the indies at all. On his podcast he made a huge deal about not knowing who Daniel Garcia was and “wasn’t sure about this Garcia guy”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk