Frank Mir Being Witty As Usual

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
[video=youtube;KotkeccfbnE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KotkeccfbnE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pretty strange how two of my top five all time favorite fighters had a crazy rivalry. Pretty cool video of Mir talking about his first impression of Brock. Love both fighters a lot (Mir a bit more than Brock), but good observation. Other than Brian Stann, I don't think there is a better ambassador and analyst than Mir. Very intelligent and always keep you listening. It's a nice chuckle, so enjoy it for what it is and don't be all butt-hurt saying oh Brock beat his ass blah blah.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Never been a Mir fan, and I think he is egotistical and a know-it-all who tries to portray martial artist. The video itself isn't even all that comical tbh.

And Brock beat his ass.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah didn't find it funny at all, if anything I was surprised by him referring to the boobs and not the usual joke about the tattoo looking a penis.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Mir is an intelligent guy, he's above making penis references damn it.

Anyway I'm probably in the minority but I kill to see Lesnar-Mir III just for the hell of it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Frank Mir pointing out someone elses man boobs is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
I wouldn't call Frank a good ambassador for MMA personally, someone like Stann with the war hero background and never saying anything bad about anyone is the ideal ambassador type, or Wandy; always entertaining and loves his fans, never talks shit.

Frank loves himself and talks down about pretty much everyone else.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Frank a good ambassador for MMA personally, someone like Stann with the war hero background and never saying anything bad about anyone is the ideal ambassador type, or Wandy; always entertaining and loves his fans, never talks shit.

Frank loves himself and talks down about pretty much everyone else.

Did you not see him say he's impressed by Lesnar? Also he's praised likes of Carwin, Werdum, and Velasquez in the past. Don't compare Mir to Sonnen. Mir does have a big ego no doubt about it, but he's been very successful and has earned it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I didn't see anyone comparing him to Sonnen, and how did he earn anything? Beating a very green Brock Lesnar and a Nog on his deathbed? But whatever, he is still an arrogant prick, who used a thesaurus to try fool people into thinking he is intelligent, even though he would fuck up proper usage when he was a commentator.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
:lol:

Sonnen beat Okami, Marquardt and (rightly or wrongly) Bisping, please don't compare him with also-ran Mir.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
:lol:

Sonnen beat Okami, Marquardt and (rightly or wrongly) Bisping, please don't compare him with also-ran Mir.

Three guys that have won how many championships? Sonnen is nothing compared to Mir from high profile fights to actually putting on entertaining performances. Mir didn't need to cut promos to get main event fights, he finished people off to get them. Whatever this site is always full of guys that like who they like, everywhere I go people always tell me how great Mir would be with Stann at the table. I agree along with Rashad and Sonnen being great as well. Not going to change my opinion whatsoever.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
High profile fights?

Ask anyone biggest fights in UFC history, you'll get one of two answers - Griffin/Bonnar or Silva/Sonnen.

Mir is a 250lbs punchbag, and only got the Lesnar fights thru trashtalking....

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never though of Mir as a good ambassador for the sport, Stann is obviously the first choice but there would be many others ahead of Mir. I actually think it could be argued that Sonnen is a better ambassador, just have people watch his work as an analyst for UFC and have them watch him on TUF. During the lead up to a fight he goes into pro wrestling mode but other than that he is a very good ambassador.

reeviint

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Mir is a prick in general

Sonnen is a prick on TV. It is how he roles. Yes Mir more genuine and real then Sonnen, but Sonnen was not even suppose to be in the league of even beating Silva and comes close to doing so.

I mean Mir in all honesty fucked up his career he beat Tim Slyvia and then gets into a motorcycle accident that couldve cost him his career. Also last time I check Sonnen vs Silva was one of the few things other then Lesnar that kept casual MMA fans watching, and most likely turned to hardcore MMA fans.

In all honesty yes Mir won a world title, but in all honesty the only people that I see to know that like Mir are the ones who got in around UFC 100 time, because at that time UFC was trying there hardest to build Mir up as something super duper special, and it looked liked it work for casuals, but not so much for the hardcore fans.