Fourthy Watches Movies A-Z (Fun Challenge)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
71cwGNFRO7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Released: 1999
Synopsis: Three company workers who hate their jobs decide to rebel against their greedy boss.

This movie is timeless and still ever so relevant after all this time. In fact, I would say it only seems to get better with time and each viewing. The premise is fantastic and it's a really well-thought out movie with great characters and dialogue. The writing in this is truly outstanding, it hits so well and it's highly memorable. The comedy moments really hit and it's very funny, but the more serious and more dramatic sides to the film are very on point and resonate well. This I would say is my favourite 'Workplace comedy' outside of The Office. If we're talking strictly films, this is the best for me and I always have a great time rewatching it. It's just chock-full of iconic scenes.​

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
My dude you need to watch more bad movies

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If you don’t do Porky’s for P I riot

• Haha

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
My dude you need to watch more bad movies
Ha, I've actually thought about doing that as a concept for my next thread. I'd let people send in their personal Top 3 worst movies they've seen and I would randomly draw the movies out of that. It could be fun, well for you guys. Probably not for me. :lol I imagine I would have a hard time reviewing as I always tend to look at things in a positive lens and it would be hard to do that if they're like just objectively bad. So it'd be quite the challenge!

We'll see, anyways. Thank you guys for checking out the the thread, it really means a lot to me.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Im pre-submitting Zombie Nation from around 2004 or 2005 for that

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BY2NkMjRhODMtYWRjYi00M2YwLTlmNGEtYzVkOWI4YmE4ZmEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMDUzNTI3._V1_.jpg

Released: 2002
Synopsis: Stu Shepard, a publicist, finds himself in a nightmarish situation when he answers a ringing phone at a phone booth. The mysterious caller threatens to shoot him if he cuts the call.

Maybe hasn't aged too well being set in a Phone Booth, but to me this is one of the most thrilling and intense movies out there. It still manages to get me on the edge of my seat even though I know every plot point and where every scene is heading to. That to me is a sign of a tremendous piece of work. This was one of the first major roles where I really took a liking to Colin Farrell as an actor. He dominates majority of the screentime and does a stellar job. I always liked the way his character develops and grows throughout the movie. He starts out very brash and cocky and unlikeable, but you grow to really care about him as it goes on. Kiefer Sutherland is fantastic, his voice as the sniper just really adds a special touch to this movie. It can't be stated enough how much value he gives to it. The way he uses his voice to set the tone is masterful, and I love that they never show him on screen, only for a brief part. Joel Schumacher's direction style is really good, the way he pulls the viewer in to the scenes and I love his choice of camera angles.​

Reactions: Jimmy King

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
image.jpg

Released: 1994
Synopsis: Lawyer Richard Goodwin discovers that 'Twenty-One', a successful TV quiz show, is rigged and decides to expose the team behind the show.

When you think of the letter 'Q' I find that a lot of movies don't immediately jump in to your mind. Unlike the other movies in this list, I actually had to search around for a bit and look up IMDB for help to find my next one. Then I came across Quiz Show, directed by Robert Redford and starring names such as Ralph Fiennes and John Turturro, which just immediately sold me. I am very glad I watched this. The premise was fantastic and I enjoyed reading up on the real life scandal more in depth afterwards. I found it to be a very compelling movie and so superbly written. The performances were really excelent as well and it just reminded me of how underrated of an actor John Turturro is.​

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
MV5BMTg3MTk4NzQ0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM0OTc5MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Released: 2008
Synopsis: Two salesmen, Danny and Wheeler, are asked to undergo several hours of community service. During their service, they are asked to mentor a young boy and help him overcome his addiction.

A really funny, well-written and charming buddy comedy that I feel often gets forgotten about with some of the other greats. Me personally, I would put this up there in a heartbeat. As big fan of Seann William Scott and Paul Rudd, this was in a lot of ways like the perfect comedy for me. I am big fan of Seann because of American Pie and it's always nice when he gets chance to really shine in movies such as this. The chemistry he has with Rudd just feels completely natural and I love the way they both bounce off each other. You just instantly vibe with the characters. You also have Christopher Mintz-Plasse who was just coming off the incredible Superbad, so it was awesome to see him in something like this as well. It's just a great time with all of that late 2000's charm.​

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
81qSoMHQGVS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Released: 2003
Synopsis: After being kicked out of his rock band, Dewey Finn becomes a substitute teacher of an uptight elementary private school, only to try and turn his class into a rock band.

School of Rock is one of those movies that just gets so many things right. Casting Jack Black in this role is as close to perfection as you are ever gonna get. He was literally made to play this role and it completely shows. He just totally owns the character Dewey and morphs in to it. It's such a sweet, feel-good movie that really lifts your spirits and makes you feel upbeat and positive about life. It always makes me feel like I can do or achieve anything if I just set my mind to it. The way the characters all come together to make music and the chemistry that grows between them throughout the movie is just really beautiful and touching. It's so funny and so heartwarming to watch. The premise is executed so perfectly, there's not a single dull moment of this movie. It's filled with so many good scenes, memorable lines and of course some kick ass music. The young cast in this movie are all really impressive aswell.​