Fourthy Talks Random Films & Stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MV5BOTY2NzFjODctOWUzMC00MGZhLTlhNjMtM2Y2ODBiNGY1ZWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Synopsis: Guy lives a seemingly peaceful life as a bank teller. However, an encounter with a pretty but mysterious woman makes him realise that he is a non-playable character in a massive online video game.

This is the most recent film I watched and I absolutely loved everything about it. I really enjoyed how much of it reminded me of The Truman Show. The plot was so much fun and executed perfectly. It's a really fun experience with lots of chaos, comedy and action. All of it done super well. The feel-good and more emotional moments geniunely pulled at my heart strings and made me smile. I loved the romantic parts in this, they felt so geniune of scenes and I was not expecting to tear up a little by the end. Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer had fantastic chemistry.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
MV5BMjE0MDI3NTE5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzI3ODM2NjE@._V1_.jpg

Synopsis: Jack Dwyer moves to Southeast Asia with his family and gets caught between a political uprising and riots aimed at foreign companies. However, he decides to face the situation for his family's safety.

This was a fantastic experience. The sound design and effects in particular are what I'd choose to highlight first, you really feel every blow, explosion and gunshot. It's certainly one of the more engaging and tense thrillers I have seen in a while. It has a great setting and build-up right from the start. The pacing was really perfect. Owen Wilson is an actor I often forget just how good he is, probably because I don't really associate him with too many serious roles. It is a terrifying situation to imagine yourself in and I really found myself putting myself in the shoes of the characters, it really does a good job making you connected with them in such a short amount of time.

51zGy3LRo2L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Synopsis: In order to pay for a course, James takes up a job at an amusement Park. He meets Emily, a co-worker, and falls in love with her. But due to some circumstances and misunderstandings, they face issues.

Nice film with great 80's vibes and music. it makes you feel-good and tugs at the heart strings. It's a very well told coming-of-age story. If you enjoy films that feel like a throwback and make you nostalgic, then I think you'll really appreciate a lot of where this goes. This is one of those roles where Jesse Eisenberg really shines as an actor for me, he's perfectly casted here. HIs personality and mannersims just go so well with the character he's playing. Kristen Stewart also puts in a very good performance as well, one of her best by far and a character I really like. She shows a lot of personality in this.

Reactions: Chris