Formula One 2010 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If Red Bull don't win then I certainly see Alonso getting the win. He has been quick this weekend and if he has a perfect race he can pass those three in front of him since he is so aggressive. I hope that Red Bull get a 1-2 though and get back on top of the leaderboard for both championships.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mark Webber had a spectacular crash this race and it is down to the car design that he was able to walk away with no serious injuries from that crash. Kovalienen was completely at fault though because he made two moves to defend when you can only make one, he shouldn't be defending in the first place since he is in one of the new incredibly slow cars and he braked way too early for the corner. It is a shame that Webber's championship hopes keep getting knocked by incidents like this one. Hopefully at Silverstone he can come back and win it. Well done to Vettel who had an excellent race up front.

Special mention to Kobayashi as well for getting seventh spot, excellent race by him he even passed Alonso right near the end of the race.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Wow, I was shocked when I seen his car get thrown into the air but I was even more shocked to see it slam to the ground and then for him to crash into the tire wall and then just walk away! Seriously, he must of chopped off about 1943 rabbit's feet to have that much good luck. Great advert for the car design that nothing majory came apart and the role bar and the body work stayed intact. If I where Red Bull I would be Thanking the lord that nothing happened to Mark, would be interesting to see if he wants to race at Silverstone or have a week or so off recover. I doubt he will but if he did we could see David Coulthtard make a few race come back, you never say never in F1.

Brings up the whole Rear Wing and KERS for next year, if Mark was quicker maybe he wouldn't of been so lucky and he could of landed outside the track and landed nose first? Even he might not of been flipped but the extra speed that he could of been carring he could of went straight through and took out Koverlinan! I don't want to say it was the Lotus fault for the crash because he moved twice but he moved away from Mark the 2nd time but Mark wanted extra speed off the Slipstream. Missed the rest of the race but read the Kobayashi did very well in taking over two cars on the last lap. I can't belive the media hasn't said well done to Rubens! I mean at Turkey and before that he was just getting points and people where saying "Williams aren't up to it" and then he takes his car up to 4th and his team mate Perdo was in the points before his place got reviewed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It says everything about the safety features and car design that he wasn't hurt. The video of the crash is amazing to watch especially the onboard view where you just start seeing the sky. I think that he will race at Silverstone, it would take a lot for him to sit out that race and miss the chance to stay in touch with the leaders.

Rubens did do a great job, Williams still don't look strong enough but maybe they can push for the fifth spot in the Constructors championship. Ferrari were disappointing yesterday, they qualified okay but suffered because of the safety car where they were caught out unlike some other drivers.

Can't wait for Silverstone, new track design I believe so it will be new to everyone, it is the home race for a lot of the teams so it should be great.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I can't wait till Silverstone because I think Force India and also the Mclarens are bringing in new parts and more advance systems to there car. I have a feeling it's either the F Duct for the Force India's cars and/or the improved exhaust systems that Red Bull designed. It's quite genius how Adrian Newey I think designed it so the gasses coming from the exhaust pushed down on the diffuser thus more rear downforce, shame that Ferrari managed to cook there suspension wish bone because they angled it wrong and it blew over 500C gasses at it. Hopefully Bridgestone bring a big variation of compounds to the race to make it more tactical.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Force India have done alright this year which has surprised me. I didn't expect them to challenge but they have been competitive without threatening to win. Some extra parts on their car to give them a bit more speed will make things more interesting. McLarens with new parts is going to be worrying for Red Bull since they are already extremely competitive but this could tip them above Red Bull.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I have a feeling Red Bull might have some new updates because I heard that somewhere but I am not sure if it was reliable or not. Also the McLarens updates will only take them closer or if not to the same speed to them but I feel it won't make them faster. Do you think anyone other than Red Bull, McLaren or Ferrari will win a race this season?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Unless there is a massive crash I can't see any other teams winning. Renault have looked good this season and Kubica would be the only other driver who could threaten to win a race. The rest of the cars are just too slow and the drivers just can't push the car far enough in order to get ahead of the three main teams.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I honestly have a feeling that Renault will win a race this season. They have alot of improvements and they actively look to improve there car so hopefully they can spice it up even more. I so wish that Force India would win a race but I think though's chances are slim at the moment but you never know they could do well at Spa like last year. The team that I think won't win anything is Mcedeas. They are going to have to take a massive step with the developments to even stand a chance.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dramatic last two races which have changed the look of the championship standings. The German GP was memorable for Ferrari forcing Massa to let Alonso through and give him a win to let him stay close in the Drivers Championship. I hope that they will be stripped of the points when the review occurs since it broke the team orders rule. Vettel was pole at Germany and Hungary yet couldn't win either race and he has wasted a lot of great oppurtunities. Webber winning at Hungary was fantastic and he is now at the top of the standings.

Driver's Championship
Mark Webber - 161 points
Lewis Hamilton - 157 points
Sebastian Vettel - 151 points
Jenson Button - 147 points
Fernando Alonso - 141 points

Constructors Championship
Red Bull - 312 points
McLaren - 304 points
Ferarri - 238 points
Mercedes - 132 points
Renault - 106 points

The new points system has created a very close title race and it will certainly come down to the last couple of races. I just hope Webber can hold on.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I have always branded the Hungarian GP as boring and dull but what a GP we had yesterday! It is a major shame that Lewis Hamilton couldn't get a few points on the bored but the season is still long. Mark did a very long stint on his Hard tyres and risked it all falling apart but he managed the tyres and got time when needed and it turned out to be a good tactic. Vetel would/could of won the GP if he didn't back the traffic up after the saftey car and broke the rule stating that you shouldn't be over 10 car lengths from the car infront. Michael Shumacer (sp), he had the chance to get rid of his red barron nickname and for the people to realise he is a good driver but his move on Rubens wasn't even fun to watch. Travelling at abbout 180 mph, Michael pushed Rubens into the pit wall and if the pit wall carried on for longer there could of been a fatality no doubt about it. He has been demoted 10 places at the next GP in Spa but for a manovure that Rubens described as "Horrible, should be a black flag" and on a track that has many over taking places it's just a slap on the hand. I am not saying that he needs to be kicked out because it was racing, he just needs to have a bigger implication put upon him since he took a personal vengance and nearly killed him. It made good veiwing there little scrap and it was good to see Rubens come out infront and to keep his foot in but Micheal was on the back foot and nearly killed Rubens, himself and maybe a marshall or too.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That was a scary move by Schumacher, he definitely should have been disqualified and possibly banned from the next race for that. If they had touched Rubens would have ben killed hitting the wall. Stupid move by Michael and he should have know much better, he didn't even admit that he was wrong after the race.

McLaren had their worst GP of the season and it's a real shame for Hamilton as he has been great so far this year in a car which hasn't been as quick as it's rivals, only Hamilton's driving ability has kept him on top of the standings.

Sets up a great championship with the top five seperated by 20 points. Ferrari have improved their car a lot in the past few races and will be in the mix for the rest of the season.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
There is a thing you might of heard going around with Ferrari and Red Bull having front wings which flex under high load this more downforce. The FIA have tests after each session to test how much load it can take before it flexes but so far both teams have escaped punishment but you can see on the on bored footage that the end plates on the wing dip and touch the floor.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I haven't heard anything about the front wings, I only know that they had some new front wings. What would the punishment be if one of them failed the tests?

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I don't really know but I think they will have all there points they won after installing it removed but again I'm not too sure so don't quote me on that. It's a good find if they do get away with it but it's clearly against the rules because I am sure it is in the rules that states they have to be a certain amount of ground clearance and they have to be rigid. Red Bull have really done themselves a massive compliment with the design of there car because not only did they have this against them, they have had the active suspension and the rear diffuser questioned. In recent times f1 has had some major breakthroughs in technoligy such as KERS, F Ducts and the manipulation of the air and the exaughst gasses.