Formula One 2010 Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very good article by Coulthard. Like he said when Schumacher was winning the arrogance was accepted but now that he is down the grid he can't be as cocky anymore. It was a dangerous move and he clearly wasn't sorry that he did that move. Plus his penalty wasn't harsh enough to discourage him from doing it again.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
The penalty was the harshest they could give I think. The Stewards wanted to black flag him and DQ him from the race but they had only a few laps to do it in and with the laps being 1:20:00 there or there about it was hard to make a deffinate decsion in the time and therefor they don't have the ground to ban him for the next race. Interesting point though, who is the only person to get DQ from a world championship?

My favourite GP is coming up in a few weeks Spa! Oh how I love this track! It is a proper racing track with turns instead of squiggly lines and a hill which is more like a mountain then a gradient and the race is unpredictable as the weather!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Spa is a great track and should actually produce some good racing where there will be overtaking which has been rare in most races this season. Renault is meant to be testing their F-Duct system here as well as this race and the next will have fast sections where they can benefit from them. I also read that with Red Bull's and Ferarri's front wings, FIA are going to double the conditions of the flexibility load to see if the front wings are flexible under the heavier load.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I have been thinking today that many people are complaining about there not being much overtaking in F1 but for me the problem isn't the lack of manoeuvres it is the lack of skill. I mean I am not saying these people are unskilled it's just watching a few onbored videos on the F1 website I can see many over tacking places. I know my judgement isn't really qualified to the drivers judgement but do you think that there is a lack of overtacking knowlage in F1? I mean if a car can get so close that the slightest touch will plough him into the back of the car then I am sure if they just slip the car on the inside and attack then why not? Senna was a saint in doing this, putting the car on the apex and leaving the other driver to decide if they want to have the accident. I just don't see why drivers don't attack more, they will follow the gearbox of the car ahead but they only do it on certain corners. Fair enough it might damage a car or might not work out but it would make better viewing, more sponsors, more money, new car if it breaks. It's just seems so stupid that they won't make a simple risk for something that could put them into the history books for being a great driver.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They are definitely a lot more cautious these days compared to the past. The rules are a lot more strict as well compared to what there was in the eighties and nineties. Senna was one of the best natural drivers there was but he was also a nutcase, he would drive of his line and take out opponents to ensure he won the world championship, that is taking it a bit too far. I did like how he would force the other drivers to decide whether to drop back or stick to the line but crashing to win the title is too much.

It is all about safety these days and they want to prevent crashes from happening. The drivers are also scared of crashing out of the race and not gaining points, they would rather get third than take that risk and try to get second with the risk of crashing.

They need to attack more and it would be great to see a driver come through the ranks who is aggressive in overtaking and forcing others to make the decisions on whether to crash or not.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Belgian Grand Prix is this weekend. Mark Webber comes in as championship leader trying to defend his spot at the top. Michael Schummacher gets a ten place grid penalty this race for nearly killing Barrichello last race.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I have just been looking into the telemetry of the second practise session and it shows that MSC is constantly in the top 6 driver in terms of speed. This is an odd situation to be honest because in lap times the man is near the bottom end than he is the top. So I think it's fair to say that the problem isn't in the speed he can reach it is in his apex speed and techniques.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Qualifying is just about to begin, Mark Webber was the fatest in final practice but the top six were seperated by only half a second.

Unfortunately it isn't shown live here so I am going to follow it on BBC's website.

GO WEBBER!

R.D Punk

Reaction score
Webber was quickest in the final practise but many cars who where on a hot lap got there laps ruined because of rain which on slick's makes it impossible to drive. I'm going to go for a Hamelton Webber front row.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Teams will be racing out to get their laps laid down early just incase the weather comes in, they don't want to get caught in the pits when it rains.

Should be some high profile misses due to the weather. I think that there will be a Ferrari on the front row today.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I don't think that Ferrari will get on the front row. I may be forced to eat my words but I just don't see team bosses letting them both be on the front row just incase Massa holds people up and they get more bad press. That won't be the reason but I just don't really see Massa getting the better of the Red Bulls and the Mclarens.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can see one of them getting there. Alonso is much better on race day thanks to the extra help from his team, but Massa has done alright here in the past. I think that one of them will get on the front row and surprise the other teams. If Alonso gets on the front row then he will be tough to beat as his starts have been great so far this season.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well that didn't take long. Petrov crashed early and his car is quite damaged. Rosberg had his gearbox changed as well so he gets dropped five places on the grid.

Track is packed full of cars which is again causing problems.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The eliminated drivers are Trulli, Kobayashi, Bruno Senna, Yamamoto, Pedro de la Rosa, Lucas di Grassi and Petrov.

Eventful Q1. The weather really is playing a part here and again a big driver will miss Q3 because of the weather.