Former WWE writer talks about possible friction between Cena and Vince

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Former WWE writer Court Bauer joined Konnan and Mister Saint Laurent on MLW Radio and talked about the friction between John Cena and Vince McMahon regarding Cena’s surgery last week:

“John Cena has this procedure done in Birmingham, AL. WWE.com puts out there that he’ll be down for only two weeks and that life will go on. It was basically like removal of fragments and bone spurs in his arm or his elbow, which if you follow sports, baseball players have it done all the time, usually in the office season. NFL guys will have it done here or there. It’s a pretty easy deal. So, I don’t think anyone was thinking it was going to be this long stretched out thing, but then the reports came out about how long John Cena was going to be down for. John Cena then took to Twitter saying that WWE.com got the story wrong and that he’s going to be out for a full six [weeks] and he just buried WWE.com and all the guys over there. The story obviously then switched to ‘now he’s out six weeks.’”

“From what I know, Vince McMahon himself, in the agent meeting, the producers meeting, told everyone straight up the dude is out for just two weeks, ‘we dodged a bullet and that he’s very much in the mix moving forward.’ That was Tuesday, he said that. Then Cena had very different things to say and I understand WWE.com did talk to James Andrews [Cena's doctor], who WWE and Cena did give them the blessing to talk to. That’s standard protocol at WWE. They always try to interview the doctor, get insight so they can have the news. Sometimes it’s a kayfabe site and sometimes it’s a legit news site. Sometimes it’s a TMZ site, but that’s the story. They interviewed him and Dr. James Andrews did say he’d be out just two weeks.”

“So you have to wonder if Vince and the doctor said it and Cena is saying six weeks, there is an interesting issue there. Is it that John Cena wanted the full six weeks out? Was John Cena then told something after Tuesdays that conflicted with this? But it was very quickly thereafter they reported it on the website that this was not in fact the situation. The reality of it is, John Cena is coming off a divorce, he’s beaten up. He’s got a bad neck, a bad hip, bad everything. He’s closing in on 36. The wear and tear of a guy like that, that goes, goes, goes and is a company man, you gotta think about.”

“And if you’re Vince McMahon, you look at the clock, you look at the calendar and you think, is it time to build the next John Cena?”

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/wwe-writer-talks-friction-john-cena-vince-mcmahon#ixzz27Wz6eWxt

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When combining injuries (real or storyline) with kayfabe it is pretty pointless to speculate. I don't see how this points to friction between Vince and Cena either. It is much more likely that Vince and Cena have discussed the injury, his character, and the storyline than Vince trying to pull a fast one over Cena and keeping a healthy Cena on the sideline for a month.

All I take from this is that Dr. James Andrews said Cena would be fine in 2 weeks, which means he will be wrestling Punk at HIAC, which means I'm right, par usual :yes:

calster33

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
yahoo.com
:smug:Who knows-if they have to start hunting for a new CENA-Punk would fill the position perfectly.:yay::win:

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
So, after analyzing that last paragraph for a minute or two, I have come to the conclusion, (If the ex-writer is right), we will never see a Cena heel turn again. However, bring Flair into mind. Once you think about Flair, and how long his career lasted, then you look at Cena as the face of the company currently, then you come to realize that Cena still has a long career in front of him, and things are just starting to fall into place at the moment. Cena could be the next PG version of flair. If Cena were to just up and disapear from the WWE, either Orton or Punk would be the potential faces of the WWE.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
John could always re-structure (sp) his contract so he works a schedule similar to HBK.

Reactions: Matt

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
That's the thing with Cena, he's the face of the company, he needs to be there every show.