Former WWE Star Nelson Frazier (Big Daddy V) Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As noted earlier, former WWE star Nelson Frazier (Mabel, Big Daddy V) has reportedly passed away at age 43. Wrestling agent Eric Simms posted the following on Facebook:

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I just got off the phone with Big Daddy V’s wife. He had a massive heart attack and passed away today. He was 43 years old

my thoughts and prayers are with his family right now"
RIP worlds largest love machine :(

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Was probably only a handful of people who were a fan of King Mabel, him screaming "I'm da kinnnnng!" was always a quotable for me.

Lots of stories about what a cool guy he was and not a bad word said against him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was very much a fan of him when he was Big Daddy V. Probably my favorite incarnation of his career. It's crazy that hardly anyone knows he's a former King of the Ring. He has something in common with Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Triple H, and Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Though the weight had to catch up to him eventually. No one ever lives long in his condition. And I really don't mean that to sound condescending at all, because his size was the reason WWE kept bringing him back. He made a very effective monster role. It's just unfortunate that he didn't elect to get surgery when his career started winding down. He probably held on to that image while thinking his big break was right around the corner like Mark Henry's was late in his career. Sure gonna miss the guy.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
RIP

I remember back in HS, he would absolutely creep me out! The blond Mohawk and creepy eyes. Sucky day

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I didn't know Viscera was that young at 43. I agree his weight alone could've been the reason but this was unexpected. RIP.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Was never a big fan of the guy, but I also never had anything against him. He played his parts exactly as he should have from Mabel to Viscera to Big Daddy V. Dude had a long ass career and was decently over throughout even though he never really got a push outside of '93-'94.

Reactions: Keith

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Was never a big fan of the guy, but I also never had anything against him. He played his parts exactly as he should have from Mabel to Viscera to Big Daddy V. Dude had a long ass career and was decently over throughout even though he never really got a push outside of '93-'94.

Pretty much the same. This is sad even more so when you consider how young he was. RIP.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was just reading up on him last night, sort of a trip down memory lane thing, then I log on Facebook this morning and this is the first headline I see under what's trending. Mabel was before my time, as was the Ministry of Darkness Viscera, I was watching during the "World's Largest Love Machine" and Big Daddy V days and enjoyed both gimmicks for what they were. Dude was huge and that's what made him so effective, but unfortunately his size also spelled his end, and sadly another name joins the list of wrestlers that died young, the list of wrestlers that died due to a heart related ailment, and the list of wrestlers from the Attitude Era that are now gone. Rest in peace, big guy.

P.S. Let us find solace in the fact that he wasn't a case of someone being, "found dead".

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I really enjoyed Viscera, King Mabel, his tag team in "Man on a Mission".

He was one of those guys you could enjoy and he played the heel role well, I really enjoyed him as Big Daddy V with Matt Striker.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Chris pretty much said what I was going to say. Really came out of no where for me cause I haven't heard anything about him in a while. R.I.P

Reactions: Chris Dresdon

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
RIP.

Always liked his spinning heel kick he could pull off. Not much of a worker outside that though but like others have said he was always a reliable monster. Hope he's got some lines drawn out on a sports car up there in heaven. He's earned it.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Cassandra Frazier, wife of the late Nelson "Big Daddy V" Frazier, wrote a post on Facebook and says WWE has not offered their condolences. She says she's ready to tell-all about WWE and also called out TMZ for their report on Frazier's death. She says she never spoke with anyone from TMZ and they lied about interviewing her. Here's her post:

"WWE HAS NOT EVEN GAVE THEIR CONDOLENCES, NELSON DONT DESERVE WHAT THEIR SAYING ABOUT HIM ON GOOGLE, IM SICK OF IT AND IM READY TO TELL EVERY THING I KNOW ABOUT THAT LOOSER ASS COMPANY, IF THE TRUTH BE KNOWN THEY R THE REASON MY HUSBAND IS GONE AND A LOT OF OTHERS, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT WRESTLERS ,JUST MAKING MONEY FROM THEM, I C WHERE THERE IS BEING A LOT OF SHIT SAID THATS NOT TRUE, PEOPLE R SAYING THEY HAVE BEEN INTERVIEWING ME AND SAYING I SAID THIS AND THAT ITS A LIE, I WILL DEFEND MY HUSBAND , NO MATTER WHAT, THERES A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT WWE THAT U FANS DONT KNOW AND NOT AWARE OF, WELL I KNOW AND IF U KNEW U WOULD NEVER WATCH IT AGAIN, THEY SUCK TIMES 1000, VERY EVIL AND COULD CARE LESS IF ONE OF THEM DIES, IM HIGHLY PISSED , ALSO LEAVE BOBBY HORNE ALONE, HE LOVED NELSON AND HAS DONE NOTHING BUT HELP ME, WHEN HE IS SICK HIS SELF ,HES NOT SCAMMING ANYONE ONE HE LOVED HIS BROTHER, IF U DONT HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT HIM, DELETE YOUR SELF FROM MY PAGE BECAUSE WITHOUT HIM I COULNT HAVE DID THIS ALONE, SO MANY DIFFERENT STORIES R BEING TOLD , AND WITH OUT TALKING TO ME HOW WOULD ANYONE KNOW, TMZ SAID THEY DID AN INTERVIEW WITH ME AN THEY LIED , I DIDNT TALK TO ANYONE FROM TMZ AND THEY JUST MADE UP A STORY AND LIED, IM SICK OF PEOPLE LYING AND MAKING UP THEIR OWN STORIES,I LOVE U GUYS BUT DONT BELIEVE EVERY THING U HEAR, NELSON WAS A GOOD MAN AND BOBBY IS ALSO, I TRULY HAVE HAD VERY KIND PEOPLE THAT R GOOD AND NOT MAKING UP LIES, BUT FOR MORE INFO GO TO WWE FAN PAGE AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS, I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, AND IM VERY ANGRY WITH PEOPLE MAKING UP STORIES ,LET MY HUSBAND REST IN PIECE, AND LEAVE BOBBY HORNE ALONE ,HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT HELPFUL TO ME! I LOVE U GUYS BUT IM REALLY HURT WHEN I GO TO THESE WEBSITES AND C TOTALLY BULLSHIT STORIES THAT R JUST BEING MADE UP. THANK U SINCERLY TO THE ONES WHO REALLY LOVED MY HUSBAND AND TRULY CARES, TO THE REST, ESPECIALLY VINCE MCMAHON IM GONNA START TELLING EVERYTHING I KNOW. MUCH LOVE!"
Apologies for the wall of text but fuck that bitch for saying the bolded part. I understand she's grieving and everything and has every right to be pissed off that the WWE hasn't reached out to her with their condolences but for her to say they caused his death is disgusting. Pretty sure they didn't turn / make him into a morbidly obese individual which was obviously his downfall.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
LOUD NOISES!!!!

Entertainment industry is like prostitution, hoes are only useful when they make money, stop being useful? Pimp gon find himself some knew hoes.

That being Viscera was already 500 lbs when he was signed way back around 94ish. He was sent to fat farms numerous times during his WWE runs. Are we going to blame Lorne Michaels for all the comedians and writers who died from SNL?

AF.

Reaction score
Instead of grieving her husbands death she attacks the WWE. Typical.

Anyway, R.I.P. Definitely had a weight problem though it didn't seem like it bothered him.