Former WWE star CM Punk signs with UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
To be fair, I've wanted Chael in WWE for years now

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Want to see him get destroyed, but I really want to see him do well so the MMA neckbeards get super rustled over it.....they are actually worse than IWC neckbeards.......not by much tho

Well yea, UFC is real LOLZZ

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
After the Tito fight build up....I want Stephan Bonnar in WWE, that fight had the best heel psychology I've seen in a long time.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Getting a black belt under a Gracie is like getting a toy in your Happy Meal, Punk even said himself all a Rener Gracie seminar is going to the beach and waterskiing.

He'll win quite a few fights in the UFC because as much as Dana plugs it as being the best vs the best, if you are a 'chosen one' you'll get fed bums. My guess is he'll be given some overmatched lightweight, maybe that one armed guy from WSOF.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really wouldn't mind the power ranger fight to happen tbh

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Really wouldn't mind the power ranger fight to happen tbh
You want to see a guy get his ass kicked? Jason. David Frank would have murdered him back in the 90s as a power ranger since he was already a real martial artist like Austin St John been they were casted.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
If he really feels that the only thing he hasn't done in wrestling is headline Wrestlemania, then leaving WWE acrimoniously, claiming he's never coming back, and then going away to be successful in a legit sport is a surefire way to increase your perceived value and put you in a position to be able to get that spot in the future. I'm not saying that's his motivation behind doing it, but it did seem like he'd peaked in popularity and gotten as high up the card as he was going to get, all this stuff would make him a big deal in the future.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
If he really feels that the only thing he hasn't done in wrestling is headline Wrestlemania, then leaving WWE acrimoniously, claiming he's never coming back, and then going away to be successful in a legit sport is a surefire way to increase your perceived value and put you in a position to be able to get that spot in the future. I'm not saying that's his motivation behind doing it, but it did seem like he'd peaked in popularity and gotten as high up the card as he was going to get, all this stuff would make him a big deal in the future.

Agreed, he will be back eventually....probably as full timer again. Once he headlines WM, then he will be out again. Money Talks....CM Punk vs Steve Austin at WM would be amazing :) just saying....Punk will need a reason to come back.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lose all credibility by going back on his word. Least people like Bruno and Bret waited until there was no money to be made from it.

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
Sammartino made a fuck load of money from it. Publicly saying he'll never go back will massively increase his value, no-one expected Brock to come back after the way he parted from them so it was an even bigger deal when he did. It's as if he's looked around at people like Rock and Lesnar and thought "what do I need to do and say to be there?" and then gone and done what he felt was necessary. Depending on what happens over the next year or 2, Lesnar v Punk could be totally huge. Punk would get a load of shit for going back on his word but it can't be any worse than the shit he's getting now anyway, so if and when it happens I'm sure he wont be that bothered.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Oh yea, as soon as the heat dies down, then two years go by...we will see punk enter the rumble or something like that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Brock didn't bury the company, think for a second, he (CM Punk) went after things they take seriously. Wellness tests, their concussion protocol, the doctors they have on staff, and their movies.....you don't fuck with the movies. Bridge burnt, I'm betting Triple H isn't as forgiving as Vince

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Agreed, he will be back eventually....probably as full timer again. Once he headlines WM, then he will be out again. Money Talks....CM Punk vs Steve Austin at WM would be amazing :) just saying....Punk will need a reason to come back.

The Full time thing might depend on how long he spends away from WWE. Given his age right now, his recent injury record, and that he has been careful with his money I don't know if Punk would work for them full time again.

deezy makes valid points, but you never say never in wrestling and stranger things have happened than Punk returning. I think he will be back one day, but also would not be surprised if it never happened. To be honest through I am still not 100% sure that WWE and Punk are not working all of us:hhh2: