Former IC Champ Rumoured To Come Back and Join The Club

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Now as bogus as this sounds their has been rumours that one man called Cody Rhodes has been talking to WWE after recently leaving the company.

Sources say that he could be in for the normal Cody Rhodes character after lets say a poor Stardust character, and could be set to join The Club in his return, what do you think about these rumours?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Honestly, I would welcome Cody back just being normal. I was not a fan of him as Stardust. I feel like that character was being forced and didn't fit him well.

As for the rumor, I am not sure how they would work him in there but I guess it is possible. I mean heal Cody is great to me. Him being part of a stable will likely help him be rebuilt to the fans.

Reactions: Shinsuke Rollins

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Now as bogus as this sounds their has been rumours that one man called Cody Rhodes has been talking to WWE after recently leaving the company.

Sources say that he could be in for the normal Cody Rhodes character after lets say a poor Stardust character, and could be set to join The Club in his return, what do you think about these rumours?
Put the rumor tag in the thread title buddy :)

It's been said before that Cody's leave is all a work because he's apparently turned down offers from TNA, NJPW, ROH etc to work for PWG, EVOLVE and true indies, possibly because he can't work with direct WWE competitors and can't commit to a long term contract. Although a Cody return couldn't happen for several months because of how far away some of his indy matches are going to be, and that list he posted (has its own thread) probably isn't even halfway done with the dates he already has. So, while Cody being gone may be a work and a WWE return may be inevitable, if he does join The Club it's highly unlikely to be in 2016.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Although most people disliked Legacy, I loved it and Cody being in a heel faction was amazing and i would happily accept it aswell Solid
He does good in a stable, I think he does better than when he goes solo honestly. I would be open to the rumor being true.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Put the rumor tag in the thread title buddy :)

It's been said before that Cody's leave is all a work because he's apparently turned down offers from TNA, NJPW, ROH etc to work for PWG, EVOLVE and true indies, possibly because he can't work with direct WWE competitors and can't commit to a long term contract. Although a Cody return couldn't happen for several months because of how far away some of his indy matches are going to be, and that list he posted (has its own thread) probably isn't even halfway done with the dates he already has. So, while Cody being gone may be a work and a WWE return may be inevitable, if he does join The Club it's highly unlikely to be in 2016.
Cody's working ROH once his no compete ends. He's advertised for their big PPV in December

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
Cody's working ROH once his no compete ends. He's advertised for their big PPV in December
Ah, my mistake. Possibly it's just TNA (exclusive contract) and New Japan (geographical separation from WWE and EVOLVE) that they're against? Either that or the whole "it's a work" thing is bullshit based on coincidence :p

Stopspot

Reaction score
Ah, my mistake. Possibly it's just TNA (exclusive contract) and New Japan (geographical separation from WWE and EVOLVE) that they're against? Either that or the whole "it's a work" thing is bullshit based on coincidence :p
"It's a work" is bullshit. Very believable such, but still.

Cody needs a strong independent run to do what he set out to prove. That he is bigger than Vince perceived him to be. If he wants New Japan bookings he has to go through ROH since ROH is the American feeder system for them. There's no guarantee you get in but chances are higher. And New Japan will want to see that he can work and isn't a dud like Tanga Loa

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
No fuckin way. I'm gonna mark for the eventual return but I don't think it'll be this year. I also don't think him joining the Club makes very much sense at all. He would be red hot the moment he returned, could easily put him in the main event picture on either brand, especially if he has a successful indy campaign, which he probably will.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Cody joining the Club would be cringeworthy at best

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I would be glad if Cody Rhodes were to return and have a strong singles run. But joining the Club, is stupid. He had nothing to do with the original group, so what the hell is he gonna be doing there?

Anyways, this report is likely not true. Cody is booked through January of next year, on indies.