Foreshadowing of reigns future?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It's like MITB this year. Roman was the star of that match, whenever he started bodyslamming dudes he was awesome. When he threw Kofi into that ladder people loved him. People even loved his typical spots, but the minute he started climbing that ladder, BOOOOOOO.

Just hope that wouldn't be all he has in him, Balor. That's why I like the Corporate Reigns idea so much - despite this Authority crap long since running its course - was that he could cut promos about what he wants and how he did whatever it took and how selling out was the best thing he ever did instead of just forced promos about telling the fans to suck it and whatever, although it probably would be wonderful to hear him cut one promo like when Rock initially turned heel and took out his frustration with the Die Rocky Die chant, haha

Corporate Reigns would be fine with me!

Oh, and this...

I mean, there's more to Roman than meets the eye. Turn him heel, WWE. #TeamOptimism

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
It seems to me that Ambrose' road to the finals will be far tougher for him.
What I mean is Ambrose had to roll up Tyler Breeze to pull out a win. What happens when he faces 'tougher' competition like Owens, Neville or Ziggler?
With those opponents higher on the pecking order it wouldn't shock me to see Ambrose hold tights or maybe use the ropes to win.
He'll do what it takes even if some fans think he's shady for doing so against popular ring talent.
Reigns does have Cesaro but he's unlikely to resort to using desperate tactics to win.

By the final match we'll have a battle tested Reigns and an overly desperate Dean Ambrose. It can go either way but WWE needs a hot heel, fast.

Edit: Had Reigns not done the Susan Komen ads on live TV as he did, I'd see a heel turn. Ambrose will never fully be embraced by the Authority. He would be a paranoid and desperate champion whom I believe could be booed quicker and louder than one might think. I'm against turning either guy but Rollins injury throws a wrench into things.

Reactions: Snowman1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It seems to me that Ambrose' road to the finals will be far tougher for him.
What I mean is Ambrose had to roll up Tyler Breeze to pull out a win. What happens when he faces 'tougher' competition like Owens, Neville or Ziggler?
With those opponents higher on the pecking order it wouldn't shock me to see Ambrose hold tights or maybe use the ropes to win.
He'll do what it takes even if some fans think he's shady for doing so against popular ring talent.
Reigns does have Cesaro but he's unlikely to resort to using desperate tactics to win.

By the final match we'll have a battle tested Reigns and an overly desperate Dean Ambrose. It can go either way but WWE needs a hot heel, fast.

Edit: Had Reigns not done the Susan Komen ads on live TV as he did, I'd see a heel turn. Ambrose will never fully be embraced by the Authority. He would be a paranoid and desperate champion whom I believe could be booed quicker and louder than one might think. I'm against turning either guy but Rollins injury throws a wrench into things.
Ambrose won't get booed. That's the problem. Fans aren't going to boo him.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Ambrose won't get booed. That's the problem. Fans aren't going to boo him.
Not true at all. If he's booked as a suck up to HHH, they will boo him. If he stood in the middle of the ring ready to deliver a promo and said nothing, they would boo.
If he were in a match that he were about to lose and began complaining that the ref was conspiring against him they would, especially if he began walking out.
I present these scenarios because this wouldn't be the cool and calm Dean Ambrose but the insecure paranoid Ambrose who was never the Authority's 1st or 2nd pick.

I see could them booking him this way because he's poor kid begging his way into the country club just to hold the championship he couldn't win any way else.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Not true at all. If he's booked as a suck up to HHH, they will boo him. If he stood in the middle of the ring ready to deliver a promo and said nothing, they would boo.
If he were in a match that he were about to lose and began complaining that the ref was conspiring against him they would, especially if he began walking out.
I present these scenarios because this wouldn't be the cool and calm Dean Ambrose but the insecure paranoid Ambrose who was never the Authority's 1st or 2nd pick.

I see could them booking him this way because he's poor kid begging his way into the country club just to hold the championship he couldn't win any way else.
Ambrose wouldn't get booed doing any of those things. The booking would get booed, not Ambrose. Ambrose is on the precifice of being Daniel Bryan levels of over. He'll get cheered doing just about anything. Same thing would happen in the scenarios you presented as when Bryan joined the Wyatts. The character would not get heat, the crowd would rebel against something they did not like.

the only things Ambrose could do to get legitimate heat on himself are no goes in modern WWE.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ambrose wouldn't get booed doing any of those things. The booking would get booed, not Ambrose. Ambrose is on the precifice of being Daniel Bryan levels of over. He'll get cheered doing just about anything. Same thing would happen in the scenarios you presented as when Bryan joined the Wyatts. The character would not get heat, the crowd would rebel against something they did not like.

the only things Ambrose could do to get legitimate heat on himself are no goes in modern WWE.

Been wondering how stuff like this wouldn't happen. Even with the Daniel Bryan vs the Authority feud, that's what the outcry was about. "GRR WHY ARE YOU BURYING BRYAN YOU ASSES SCREW YOU WWE!!!"... maybe that's why that feud worked. But it seems like the company gets the heat for everything. When we see Corbin run out to end Balor vs Crews with a DQ, it felt like build. When Sheamus runs in to end Orton vs Rollins, it feels like writing their way out of not having a finish.

Hell, Reigns would be the ultimate guy to put in the Orton role. "We know what you like better than you, and that's Roman Reigns, dammit! No time for those Ambroses and Cesaros of the world! They're totally B+ players, hell, Cesaro is even a C, but Roman Reigns? He's got ALL the tools!" Yeesh want to jump the barricade now. With Ambrose, though, his heel turn isn't really about wanting to get heat so much as getting him out of the shadow of others + more freedom to do shady things, but all of that will be cheered, and we see how awkward it is to see these lame-by-comparison Dudleys facing New Day, imagine that in the main event.

Maybe they should just put the world title on Nikki Bella. That'll get some heat. :quimby:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Been wondering how stuff like this wouldn't happen. Even with the Daniel Bryan vs the Authority feud, that's what the outcry was about. "GRR WHY ARE YOU BURYING BRYAN YOU ASSES SCREW YOU WWE!!!"... maybe that's why that feud worked. But it seems like the company gets the heat for everything. When we see Corbin run out to end Balor vs Crews with a DQ, it felt like build. When Sheamus runs in to end Orton vs Rollins, it feels like writing their way out of not having a finish.

Hell, Reigns would be the ultimate guy to put in the Orton role. "We know what you like better than you, and that's Roman Reigns, dammit! No time for those Ambroses and Cesaros of the world! They're totally B+ players, hell, Cesaro is even a C, but Roman Reigns? He's got ALL the tools!" Yeesh want to jump the barricade now. With Ambrose, though, his heel turn isn't really about wanting to get heat so much as getting him out of the shadow of others + more freedom to do shady things, but all of that will be cheered, and we see how awkward it is to see these lame-by-comparison Dudleys facing New Day, imagine that in the main event.

Maybe they should just put the world title on Nikki Bella. That'll get some heat. :quimby:
One part of it I think is kayfabe. Kayfabe is still a thing in NXT, they are open with the show being scripted, but when the cameras roll it is showtime. On the main roster on the other hand kayfabe is so flimsy it's not usable as toilet paper. So of course the fans would rather react to the backstage reason for the booking rather than the booking itself.

On NXT Baron is a bad guy, but on the main roster Orton is a bad guy but we are constantly reminded how chill of a guy he is IRL.

Reactions: Snowman1

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Corporate Reigns would be fine with me!

Oh, and this...

I mean, there's more to Roman than meets the eye. Turn him heel, WWE. #TeamOptimism

Just goes to show that WWE is booking Reigns like shit. Instead of playing it safe with 5 moves and generic 'beat yo ass' promos. They should give the fans something they want. A wrestler who seems like a wrestler not a corporate lap dog. Not talking in character sense, of course.

The age of playing it safe died when WWE over did it with John Cena. Hogan was never pushed like this. Neither were Bret Hart, HBK, Austin, Rock or even Batista. They overpushed Cena and it's come back to bite them in the ass. And unfortunately, future stars have to suffer.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just goes to show that WWE is booking Reigns like shit. Instead of playing it safe with 5 moves and generic 'beat yo ass' promos. They should give the fans something they want. A wrestler who seems like a wrestler not a corporate lap dog. Not talking in character sense, of course.

The age of playing it safe died when WWE over did it with John Cena. Hogan was never pushed like this. Neither were Bret Hart, HBK, Austin, Rock or even Batista. They overpushed Cena and it's come back to bite them in the ass. And unfortunately, future stars have to suffer.

I couldn't agree more. Aaand, if Vinceman keeps micromanaging Reigns, then the guy will flop as his future top babyface. It'd be smart to turn him heel at SS. But knowing ol' Vinnie he'll panic and book him to win in a clean sweep which will lead to another rebellion by the fans.

diamdrforever

Jobber
Reaction score
This past week on raw we all witnessed triple h tease Roman joining him and becoming champion, much like he did with Seth back in the day. I liked this angle as it makes reigns look tough and not want any shortcuts. It also helped him not care about being number 1 contender, rather he wants to earn his spot.

What did you all think of this? Is this hinting at a possible triple h and Roman battle? Or, hinting at a reigns heel turn come SS? I'm hoping that dean and reigns are the final 2 and have to battle it out and one of them makes a heel turn. We all know, most likely, that triple h will get involved. But the question is to what degree and how?

Personally I'd love to see reigns be tempted and join triple h going heel. He will continue to feud with dean until the rumble. We the. Have Seth return at fast lane before mania and begin a feud with triple h.[/QUOTE

That would be great storyline. Roman Reigns as a heel would be unstoppable.