• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

For Comic Book Lovers Only

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Loving the cover from this month's Batman: Eternal.. great color scheme and artwork...

ffb84e5d839a60d927a99ba26ad0787a.jpg

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
I love Fantastic Four as well.. but Spider-Man had my heart as a youngster.. I would walk down to the comic shop and throw 75 cents on the counter every month for the new book. Batman as well.

The Amazing Spider-Man #36, if it has a bar code in the lower right, is worth $60-80... if not it is $30-40 in NM-M condition.

Captain Marvel #1 that's pictured there is $3 in NM-M and it's from 1995

Amazing Spider-Man [HASHTAG]#400[/HASHTAG] - Death of Aunt May White Cover is, if it's die cut $8, if not die cut then $20-25 in NM-M condition

Happy to see people contributing to this thread... Keep 'em coming!

One of the thing you guys hit on that I'd like to discuss... who do you think draws your favorite or any particular super hero the best?

I'm going to do Spidey and Batman.. for Spidey I'd say old school would be John Romita, Jr... newer would be Todd MacFarlane. For Batman I'd go with Jim Lee, Frank Miller, and for the newer stuff Tony Daniel.

Wow, really? I figured none of mine were worth anything aside from sentimental value, but that's pretty cool. My copy of The Amazing Spider-Man #36 doesn't have the bar code on the front, just the plain black cover with the title written in white. Still, $30-40 is awesome.

Thanks! I couldn't get my hands on it to find out the year, but assumed late 90s or early 2000s.

I do love Jim Lee's style, but can't personally delve too much into which artists I like the best since I haven't been able to follow them steadily over the years. That's changing now though. Might check when I get home just to see some of the artists' names I like on current ones I've got. I know I love Gabriel Rodriguez's work in Locke & Key, and Rob Guillory's art fits Chew perfectly.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Not sure if anyone else here subscribes to it, but I was excited to discover my LootCrate this month included a variant edition, LootCrate exclusive cover, of Rocket Raccoon #1.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
If you like surprises, it's pretty cool. I signed up not long ago to check it out and have been glad I did. It's basically a monthly subscription mail service for geeks. They have a theme each month and send out a package of mystery items related to that theme. This month's theme was villains. I think each package I've received so far has included a T-shirt, which makes it even better.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
If you like surprises, it's pretty cool. I signed up not long ago to check it out and have been glad I did. It's basically a monthly subscription mail service for geeks. They have a theme each month and send out a package of mystery items related to that theme. This month's theme was villains. I think each package I've received so far has included a T-shirt, which makes it even better.
Holy shit that is awesome! Is it limited to Marvel and DC stuff or anything like that?

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Holy shit that is awesome! Is it limited to Marvel and DC stuff or anything like that?

I think so! lol I've been loving it. Oh no, not at all! In fact in this month's crate some of the stuff I got was a Joker/Loki mash-up tee, Deadpool socks, the Rocket Raccoon comic, Joker and Harley mini posters, DVD of Necessary Evil (that DC Comics documentary about super-villains), and a Darth Vader keychain amid all the DC and Marvel, haha. Last month one of the things I got was one of the big, cool, Transformers blind box figures because the theme was Transformers. It's pretty sweet. Definitely worth checking out, and they have a section that shows you past crates to give you an idea. Check it out: www.lootcrate.com

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
I think so! lol I've been loving it. Oh no, not at all! In fact in this month's crate some of the stuff I got was a Joker/Loki mash-up tee, Deadpool socks, the Rocket Raccoon comic, Joker and Harley mini posters, DVD of Necessary Evil (that DC Comics documentary about super-villains), and a Darth Vader keychain amid all the DC and Marvel, haha. Last month one of the things I got was one of the big, cool, Transformers blind box figures because the theme was Transformers. It's pretty sweet. Definitely worth checking out, and they have a section that shows you past crates to give you an idea. Check it out: www.lootcrate.com
I totally read this going "Aw cool. What!? Holy......" Very cool. Is that mash up tee as cool as it sounds? And Deadpool socks!? Yes please lol

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
I totally read this going "Aw cool. What!? Holy......" Very cool. Is that mash up tee as cool as it sounds? And Deadpool socks!? Yes please lol

I love those reactions and the excitement, haha. I think it is, and I marked for the Deadpool socks, lol.

Here's the shirt:
gO8Xfai.jpg

And here's the comic:
Ov9M7PA.jpg

(Sorry in advance for the images being so large, haha. Had to direct link through my phone app and don't have the URLs for the large thumbnail versions. Will fix it later if I can.)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Very cool.. I have heard of LootCrate and would order from them but I don't really want a bunch of random stuff sitting around. I have enough already lol

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
I love those reactions and the excitement, haha. I think it is, and I marked for the Deadpool socks, lol.

Here's the shirt:
gO8Xfai.jpg

And here's the comic:
Ov9M7PA.jpg

(Sorry in advance for the images being so large, haha. Had to direct link through my phone app and don't have the URLs for the large thumbnail versions. Will fix it later if I can.)
Did you have to tell them your size or do they ship whatever they have? I'm very intrigued, Star Wars stuff, batman stuff, TMNT stuff, other stuffs....:yay:

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Did you have to tell them your size or do they ship whatever they have? I'm very intrigued, Star Wars stuff, batman stuff, TMNT stuff, other stuffs....:yay:

You tell them your size when you sign up. :yay: That way any month they have a T-shirt included with the crate, you get the size you requested instead of some random size T-shirt. :win: It really is awesome, and I've been happy with every crate I've gotten. I think you'd enjoy it! :yay:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
So lootcrate is a pay by month service? Well, thats the basic one anyway. I see you save a little if you pay for more months up front. How do you set yours up? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
You tell them your size when you sign up. :yay: That way any month they have a T-shirt included with the crate, you get the size you requested instead of some random size T-shirt. :win: It really is awesome, and I've been happy with every crate I've gotten. I think you'd enjoy it! :yay:
Now, where to find the money? :idk: