• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I know but then if it was non-title then the belt would be taking a back seat and realistically this is not a big enough match or ppv to have the champ involved in a special one off non-title bout.

Actually don't mind Troy's idea for Kingston to get the shot at TLC. He is fairly strongly over with the crowd, has a solid history as a midcarder and it would be fresh at least as the main event goes.

So the title should only take a back seat at major PPV's?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Why does anyone assume that Cena or Ryback don't get Punk at TLC? Just because some guys from a developmental show attacked one of them, doesn't mean everything is done between them and Punk.

Why would Foley be anykind of candidate here? The guy could barely do his Socko move at SS, who the hell in their right mind would boom a match with him in there, especally since you just brought back a guy who almost died after having a match. That would be stupid.

And why doesn't anyone think WWE couldn't just throw Orton in there? Not like the guy isn't over as fuck enough to make it look like he would beat Punk, and he doesn't really have anything else, besides another feud with Del Rio or Barrett.

And why not Miz? A month feud isn't exactly a bad thing for both parties as Punk is safe to face Rock and Miz is elevated to title contention again.

With Ryback and Cena I don't think that they can get away with another dusty finish, Punk is obviously retaining so that he can face Rock at RR so there isn't much point using Ryback or Cena.

Orton is an interesting one and for the life of me I don't know why I never considered him. Maybe it would be a bit of a weak feud for him to suddenly get a title shot and then immediately disappear from that title scene again.

Miz is a good choice but I still would have preferred my Kofi idea just to test him out.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I can see why they would go with this but I don't think they should. I just don't think that someone like Foley should be taking such a huge risk at his age and after all the injuries he has suffered. His work in WWE in the mid 00's was outstanding because he helped make so many stars with his selfless work but I don't think this is the right move.
He looks like he has problems walking down to the ring.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I actually like this idea.

Punk has faced Cena and Ryback too much lately, and neither man should really get pinned by Punk again for at least another while. Punk vs. Foley would be a good warm-up match before Royal Rumble, and with Foley's history with The Rock they could incorporate some way for Rock to want to get his hands on Punk before they even have another encounter. An easy beatdown on Mick Foley at the hands of CM Punk would be a simple way for them to create a bit of a backstory going into Royal Rumble.

Mick Foley may be banged up pretty bad, but the TLC match wouldn't have to be that brutal for him. And let's not forget that Jerry Lawler and Kevin Nash have worked TLC matches in the past, so I don't think it'd be too bad for Foley.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
If he's facing CM Punk, he doesn't really need to work that much. Plus as it's been mentioned, could simply further the storyline for Rock.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Foley coming out of retirement for the 938297538027520th time. Oh boy.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Foley coming out of retirement for the 938297538027520th time. Oh boy.

Funny I can only think of one, maybe two times he's actually retired. He's had a lot of one-off matches and feuds after his 2000 retirement, but he never even mentioned retiring after them, just kinda' disappeared.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Foley posted this on twitter;

Regarding that rumor about me wrestling @CMPunk : I might if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Could be Foley working the fans but either way I doubt that he will be in shape for such a big event match. His body has taken enough punishment, there is no need for him to put his body on the line yet again.