Foley Not Able To Wrestle Again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Mick Foley revealed during a comedy show in Adelaide that a neurologist informed him that he is not able to wrestle ever again.
Foley got the news after he explained his proposal to WWE about having a match with Dean Ambrose at SummerSlam as a follow-up to their YouTube/Twitter feud. Foley noted that he proposed to have a “fakeâ€￾ Dude Love come out of the entrance way, but would be attacked by Dean from behind as Mankind was coming through the ring.

These plans would later be nixed due to his diagnosis from the neurologist.

Also at the comedy show, Foley noted that he felt Dean made very personal comments about his family within the feud and asked him to stop, but Dean thought this was “faceâ€￾ Foley actually egging him on.

Oh, Dean vs Foley? This would have been gold for sure. A great extreme match would have happened but it's off because of Foley's health conditions, health is the most important thing. So maybe there will be a Foley vs Dean feud and Foley will be in somebody's corner. Hope WWE will make it later on.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Personally, I never wanted to see Foley in the ring again just because I didn't think his body could take anymore. I'm glad there are professionals out there preventing guys like Foley and Edge from continuing because who knows what would happen if they kept wrestling.

From what I've read, WWE is high on Dean Ambrose so who knows? Maybe Dean and Fey have a one on one confrontation and someone comes to represent Foley. Would be a huge rub to whoever gets that honor. But this is the closest this feud ever needs to get to happening.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
God16.jpg

Seriously, the man needs to be told to stop wrestling. He and Flair have bastardized their retirements to the point where they're embarassing Sugar Ray Leonard.

Now if we can just get him to stop coming around to RAW every 45 days to take up airtime that could be used for a younger talent, we'll be set.

Reaction score
Dean vs Foley will be gold on Mic,absoluetly. We don't need Foley on wrestling ring now. Dean Ambrose vs Someone with Hardcore Legend will be good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hang on a second, Foley was in Adelaide? Damn why did I not know that, I could have gone to the show last night :(

As much as I would have liked to see Dean Ambrose vs. Mankind that is best left to the video game these days. Foley doesn't need to take the risk and wrestle anymore, guys like that should be wrapped in cotton wool and kept on the sidelines rather than risking their health anymore than they already have.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah it is possibly for the best as Foley's the kind of the guy that if he could still wrestle would likely do it many more times instead of just a one off. There are others ways he can get younger talent over.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I can't believe Foley thought he could go another round. On the mic it would be amazing, but what purpose would it serve to wrestle?

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Eh, I doubt it would have even happened even Foley was healthy enough. It seemed like a stretch when it was being built up last year.

I'd still like to see Foley and Ambrose have some sort of segment together.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Fully expecting him to have at least one more match.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Seriously, the man needs to be told to stop wrestling. He and Flair have bastardized their retirements to the point where they're embarassing Sugar Ray Leonard.

How do you work that out? Apart from the storyline driven "retirement" via Hogan in the early 90's, Flair only returned from one supposed retirement, being his 2008 one.

Foley twice 13 years ago, then after that he came and pleased as he went.

Did they both wrestle for too long? Absolutely. But they've hardly made a mockery of retirement. Hell, I know people in real life who have come out of retirement more times than them.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm still waiting for Shawn Michaels to return since nobody should take wrestling retirements seriously.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I love Mick but I'd also prefer he stay out of in ring action. I wouldn't mind seeing him on TV in other roles like commentator, GM or just to help put over fueds like with Punk.

I also wonder how long WWE plan on running The Shield when they're already so high on Ambrose and kicking around ideas for him already.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
When you're "retired" and coming back every month or two on a consistent basis and taking up 15 minutes of tv time, or constantly inserting yourself into the main event, you're holding back younger talent.

Bret "shoestring hair hobo" hart, Mick Foley and Ric Flair need to make their appearances less frequent. i have all the respect in the world for their careers, but stop coming back every other month.