Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

***First show thoughts***

I caught the first episode of FCW and they brought a couple of the biggest wrestling stars in the world to the premier show. The show kicked off with a nice intro of Florida's tradition in the wrestling world, then Ric Flair kicked the show off with a promo. Dusty Rhodes and todd Grisham call the action.

First Match is Shawn Spears vs TJ Wilson. Poor match, with a few botches. I almost think they work more on non-wrestling part of being a wrestler. TJ Wilson had a interesting look to him, as i would like to see the canadian bulldogs brought up. Although it may be some time with all the other talent brought up.

Next up is a 6 person tag. Colt cabana (Scotty Goldmen), Ricky Ortiz, and Brianna Bella vs. Sinn Boadie, Jake Bradley (aka Ryan Braddock), and Alicia Fox. Cabana and Ortiz were getting some nice pops. Sinn Boadie had a interesting look to him. Short n sweet match.

Dolph Zigger vs Greg Jackson. jackson was very plain, although Zigger had a good look to him. The wrestling was ehh.

The one the only John Cena talks to the crowd, and interupted by Shawn Spears. Shawn Spears extremely sucks. He shouldn't be in the wwe, let alone a major indy. Some reason they like him in FCW/OVW. Spears has nothing imo.

Next up the main event Jake Hager (Jack Swagger) vs Heath Miller. Solid matchup here. There is a reason why Hager is FCW Champ. The good is pretty good in the ring.

Overall thoughts: The wwe has brought up most of the talent in OVW. You still got Joe Henning, Canadian Bulldogs, and a few others that have potential. Shawn Spears sucks. The arena they use is pretty good too. Good Atmosphere. I wonder who's going to emerge as a top heel in FCW. They have enough faces, but not that one main heel.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I try to keep an eye on FCW, and I completely agree wioth Shawn Spears. Back in OVW he was tag champ with Cabana. :smh

Hager is great, I've always really liked him. He always played a face in developmental, so he's got a completely new character up in WWE.

Smith and Wilson should already be teaming on SmackDown! It's not like there's an abundance of tag teams. Plus, Smith is doing nothing.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Florida FTW! I wonder where FCW's shows are. Jake Hager OWNS. I've never been a fan of Spears; TBH, I think he's crap. GOod thing he's a jobber on ECW. Crowned Jewel of ECW's New Talent Initiative my ass. Dolph Ziggler, lol.

FCW doesn't seem that bad, I might look into it. where did you find the shows?

I check out the results, then search youtube. Not a great way, I know, but I can't find any downloads.

WCW Rules said:
Florida FTW! I wonder where FCW's shows are. Jake Hager OWNS. I've never been a fan of Spears; TBH, I think he's crap. GOod thing he's a jobber on ECW. Crowned Jewel of ECW's New Talent Initiative my ass. Dolph Ziggler, lol.
Hager is quite pwnage indeed.

And the crown jewel shit pisses me off. Jimmy Rave wannabe.

Montana

I caught the newest episode of FCW, and seen lots of new faces. The show flowed nicely, and the wrestle was a bit slow, although you have to figure this is a development situation. Heres some quick thoughts on the wrestlers.

Nick Logan - This guy was pretty good in the ring. First time I've seen him, and he wasn't on the roster page, so i don't know the full story, but him and Trent Barretta had a nice match. He also did this crazy move. He was standing up leaning over, with trent on his back. They were back to back with his arms hung in front, and his legs off the ground. He then shifted his weight a little and grabbed the back of his head into the mat, almost like a reverese russian leg sweep, except he was on his back. Pretty sick. I can't see him making a jump anytime soon, but had a good look to him. Looked like wolverine a little bit. Could be a bit bigger though.

Bryon Saxton - If you like Elijah Burke, you'll like this guy. Pretty good on the mic, didnt see him wrestle.

Lupe Santiago - He's been around a little while. Similar to TIto Santana back in the day. I wouldn't be too surprised if he was one of the first guys called up in 2009.

Gavin Spears - FCW/WWE must love this guy. He's good at what he does, he's just too plain.

Joe Henning - A little dissapointed him in. He's another guy with less charisma than Charlie Haas. He seemed a little out of shape, although i didnt see him wrestle. I saw some clips, nothing special.

Eric Escobar - He's got pretty good size. I don't think he's much of a standout, but he could be good in a few years.

Johnny Prime - Reminded me a bit of the manning brothers, peyton or Eli. Went with the true babyface character. I could be good in a few years as well.

sheamus - The FCW champ, he's like their clone of Nigel Mcguiness. He's alright, wouldn't see him becoming a big star in the WWE though.

Qwake

Sounds as though Nick Logan and Bryon Saxton are two guys to lookout for, the rest of them sound kind of average. I watched one of their shows a month or so ago and it wasn't to bad, I saw Kizarny Vs Hennig and it wasn't to bad but thats all I can remember from it. Looks to be a few good new stars there so I might watch it a little more often.

xtremebadass

I am familiar with Sheamus. He is like a scottish viking guy right? I visit FCW's website from time to time, they don't really update it. They renamed most of the elevated talent with their WWE names. However, it hasn't been updated in a long time because they didn't rename Nemeth to Ziggler. I hear Miss Angela is a fantastic wrestler though.

Montana

Sounds as though Nick Logan and Bryon Saxton are two guys to lookout for, the rest of them sound kind of average. I watched one of their shows a month or so ago and it wasn't to bad, I saw Kizarny Vs Hennig and it wasn't to bad but thats all I can remember from it. Looks to be a few good new stars there so I might watch it a little more often.

Well, they are two guys that caught my eye. I'm not sure how far they can go in the WWE, they still have a ways to go. I just caught one show. So the next show, they might not be featured as well.

I am familiar with Sheamus. He is like a scottish viking guy right? I visit FCW's website from time to time, they don't really update it. They renamed most of the elevated talent with their WWE names. However, it hasn't been updated in a long time because they didn't rename Nemeth to Ziggler. I hear Miss Angela is a fantastic wrestler though.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised he's the champ, but a lot of new faces.

xtremebadass

I can imagine since WWE keeps yanking them, I can't see them keeping a constant roster.

Montana

They don't pull them up as much as you would think. They have a pretty big roster. 2008 had a TON of debuts. (probably due to OVW closing and FCW opening) 2007 really only had a handful. So it depends on the year and the talent. Also, even after they debut, most still wrestle on both shows. I wouldn't expect a lot of debuts in 2009. DH Smith and TJ Wilson should be brought up soon, but other than that, i think most are still green.

Whether they're green or not doesn't seem to matter with WWE though. It always depends on the situation. Take KC James and Idol Stevens for example. In 06 there was no need for them on the roster. They were green and were just there to be used as a stopgap for the tag division for a few months. They were released after they were used because WWE didn't have much for them.

WWE can often be unpredictable with who they bring up. I expect to see Tyson Tarver, Smith, Wilson and a few others make their way up though in the first half of 09.

Montana

Thats true too. But i think in certain cases, like those. You can't stay in development forever, so they either cut you, or give you a shot, and its do or die.

Its tough to tell sometimes who will make it too, cause Ricky Ortiz and Colt Cabana were mad over in OVW. Poor booking has hurt them.

I'd actually like to see Saxton manage Tarver and Vic Adams. All looks pretty similar. I think Lupe to ECW and Canadian Bulldogs to SD are the most likely.

Yeah, Wilson and Smith have to debut on SD. They've been doing dark matches managed by Natalie Neidhart/Natalya, so I think they'll be going with that pairing.

I'd probably put Tarver on SmackDown! or RAW. He has the serious MMA gimmick (last time I saw), so he'd be someone I'd like to see with a decent instant push. You could go down two roads with him and either have him not talk at all and be all action, or give him a shit talking manager. I'd go down one of those two roads, don't care which.

I think the two to watch for next year on ECW are Gavin Spears and Eric Perez. Spears is someone WWE seems to love, so he'll redebut and get a push no doubt. Perez is someone who I see moving up just because he has a pretty badass look, and he did team with Primo Colon before Primo went up. I think with Primo gone, they have to eventually give him his chance too.

xtremebadass

You can only get FCW if you live in Florida right? Can you download FCW off IWF in the wrestling media?