First Inductee in the 2016 Hall of Fame revealed...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
WWE.com has announced that Sting has been named the first 2016 WWE Hall of Fame inductee. Triple H issued the following comment:

“We are truly honored to have Sting take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame,” said WWE’s Executive Vice President of Talent, Live Events and Creative, Paul Levesque. “His contributions to our industry are unprecedented, and we look forward to celebrating his incredible career with fans all over the world.”

The 2016 WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony takes place on Saturday, April 2, the night before WrestleMania 32, at the American Airlines Center in Dallas at 6:30 p.m. local time. Tickets go on sale this Friday, Jan. 15, at 10 a.m. ET/9 a.m. CT.

Get him out of the way early. We knew it was going to happen.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
:/ at least put a wcw emblem or something for this, this is the WWE hall not the WCW hall, they gotta make a wing for guys like him. Either than that... Ugh why he only competed twice.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
:/ at least put a wcw emblem or something for this, this is the WWE hall not the WCW hall, they gotta make a wing for guys like him. Either than that... Ugh why he only competed twice.

That shouldn't be an issue when guys like Adbullah the Butcher is in the Hall of Fame.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score

Its about what they have done in the business, Terry Funk was hardly a major player in wwe but is recognized for his great achievements and influence, not about how many matches in wwe, quality etc

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Fuck yeah, Sting is THE man. Since late 2011 when I first really got into wrestling full-time, I loved watching Sting wrestle with TNA - despite what people have said, he was fantastic on the mic and could really go in the ring. To see him in WWE was the bomb too, hey, his match was Triple H was awesome and IMO even better if he would've won. I still hope he can get 1 more match going this year as well.

#ThankYouSting

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
OOH GET EM!
giphy.gif

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I guess its safe to say that Sting is probably retired now too.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not surprised he's being inducted into the HoF, then again, not like I care about that damn thing.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

The WWE Hall Of Fame is pretty much the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame at this point and has been for years. He's hardly gonna be the first person inducted for achievements outside of WWE. Even if they made a specific wing for WCW talent, it would still be under the WWE banner and thus be part of the WWE Hall of Fame (since they obviously aren't gonna create an entire separate ceremony just to honor superstars that are inducted for their careers in a separate promotion), so what's the point.

And yeah, it'll be great to see Sting finally go in and we all figured it would happen this year considering WM is in his hometown of Dallas. Just a shame that rumored Sting/Bray Wyatt match won't be happening due to Stings neck injury. That feud could have been good and Sting would have had no problem laying down for Wyatt.