Finn Balor still overrated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I differ from this view. I like that the demon is just something he uses as mind games for big matches. He should pretend to be the demon but it's used as a way of intimidation, instead of something we actually believe is true. That's just my preference in wrestling I suppose.
I didn't get upset when Demon Kane attacked Seth Rollins after Rollins mauled Corporate Kane, so I'd say it's fair to say our taste is a wee bit different.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I didn't get upset when Demon Kane attacked Seth Rollins after Rollins mauled Corporate Kane, so I'd say it's fair to say our taste is a wee bit different.
I have an exception for Taker and Kane for some reason. Babyface Kane going up against Seth in 2015 was good, but most people shat on it. Him trolling Seth as corporate Kane was great.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
His wrestling is good. His face gimmick is awful. I feel that they could take advantage of his demon Bálor a lot more and instead we get his cheesy ass smile and a jacket talking about how the Bálor club is for all. Idk. I get it’s marketable to kids and some casual fans, but he’s not the same as he was in NXT.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I actually love this idea. Make him like a split personality type character that struggles with his "inner demon".
I actually said this, to an extent, a while back. Finn would be much better if the Demon was better utilize and an alter ego thing.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I actually said this, to an extent, a while back. Finn would be much better if the Demon was better utilize and an alter ego thing.
I sure didn't come up with it. I've been hearing people suggest doing this for what feels like years.

Reactions: edge4ever

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
The AJ Lee vs Paige 2014 feud. That's all I'm gonna say.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
The Balor Club is the worst thing ever.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
Finn FOreVER HAHAHAHAHAHAH DO YOU GET IT? DO YOU FUCKING GET IT?

I see many people blame the main roster for his lack of development, but I don't see that as true whatsoever.

Do you remember his NXT Title run? It was long and boring. Not very noteworthy at all. Did he pump out a couple really good matches? Of course, but that's it.

So it's been like this since NXT.

I'm a firm believer that the wrestler is just as responsible, if not more, as the writers, etc for their character development. And seeing as WWE is the #1 promotion in the world, you should be, for the most part, the best of the best.

From what I've seen, Finn hasn't gone out on a limb to develop any sort of character. He's been here for years now. It's ridiculous.

Don't hit me with that "but if he does something on his own, Vince might get mad and will fire him."
Listen brother, if I am able to take risks in my job when I legit need it to keep a roof over my head, Finn Balor (and most people in WWE) should be able to take risks when, if they get fired, they'd get dozens of promotions calling to book them.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I've never liked Finn. Just don't see anything special about the guy.
Figure so much of my strong dislike for Balor was how he was the worst NXT champion ever though.
Going from the Zayn/Neville arc to Owens to "aye know these guys Kenta and Devitt you like, now they're here!"
He's just a guy.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I enjoy watching him work in the ring. He doesn't really have a character outside of smiley abs guy lol. But I enjoyed the one-upsmanship thing him and Rollins had going for awhile.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
He was a lot more interesting with the demon paint.... Now not so much.