Finn Balor still overrated?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuzion

The Artiste
Reaction score
:pity2:I'm not sure if any of you swell people remember my thread from a while ago about this topic, a lot has changed since then... except for Balor. No character development, no character, just smiling.... smiling only. He is so boring and stale he can wrestle but he neeedsmore:( do I think Balor is still overrated? no.. because now everyone has realized how mediocre he is, hes vanilla:hhh3:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I never really been a fan of Finn's. He can wrestle good but he is in the same bag as Dolph Ziggler to me.

Reactions: Fuzion

Redboy123@

Reaction score
In ring Finn Balor is far from being overrated. He has been consistently one of the best performers in wwe atm.

As for chartacter. I think he is rated just fine. He is boring.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Chris Benoit

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
:pity2:I'm not sure if any of you swell people remember my thread from a while ago about this topic, a lot has changed since then... except for Balor. No character development, no character, just smiling.... smiling only. He is so boring and stale he can wrestle but he neeedsmore:emoji_slight_frown: do I think Balor is still overrated? no.. because now everyone has realized how mediocre he is, hes vanilla:hhh3:

You forgot the part where they gave him that stupid rainbow gear and the lame slogan 'Balor Club is for Everyone!'. That pissed me off just typing it.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
His star power is overrated by a lot of fans. Some people talk about him like he's a major star when he's barely hanging on in the mid-card.. He's fine in the ring, but he's not main-event material.

Reactions: Fuzion

0ctobre

Jobber
Reaction score
I love the LGBTQ gear and slogan. I heard a rumor that they were planning to write him as a non-stereotypical gay character and I think that would be pretty amazing.
As it is, he's a wonderful wrestler with a non-existent storyline.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Very possible that I haven't been paying close enough attention.
Actually, scratch that. He doesn't have one. My mistake. He has a backstory and a character arc, he just needs a storyline.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I love the LGBTQ gear and slogan. I heard a rumor that they were planning to write him as a non-stereotypical gay character and I think that would be pretty amazing.
Why on earth would we need a character whose gimmick is wrapped up in their sexuality or gender? That sounds incredibly bland. Quite frankly I don't see wearing a rainbow as a particularly deep character. Besides, if his entire gimmick is "yay, LGBTQ power!", what do you think will happen whenever he loses? Bad press whenever some moron columnist decides WWE is promoting discrimination or some crap. I'm all for giving Balor a more intriguing character, but putting him in a dress or having him hold hands with Seth Rollins won't add compelling depth to his character.

LGBTQ people wrestling is fine and dandy. Basing their gimmicks off such an identity is another. I need a better reason to care about someone than what they picture in their wet dreams.

0ctobre

Jobber
Reaction score
Why on earth would we need a character whose gimmick is wrapped up in their sexuality or gender? That sounds incredibly bland. Quite frankly I don't see wearing a rainbow as a particularly deep character. Besides, if his entire gimmick is "yay, LGBTQ power!", what do you think will happen whenever he loses? Bad press whenever some moron columnist decides WWE is promoting discrimination or some crap. I'm all for giving Balor a more intriguing character, but putting him in a dress or having him hold hands with Seth Rollins won't add compelling depth to his character.

LGBTQ people wrestling is fine and dandy. Basing their gimmicks off such an identity is another. I need a better reason to care about someone than what they picture in their wet dreams.
Oh I totally agree that him being a gay character should not be the whole story. That would be shallow and dumb even within WWE standards.
I just think it would be cool if it was an aspect of the character. I know we have Velveteen Dream in NXT but a gay dude in the main shows would show some sort of progress.
It's definitely a touchy thing to handle and for sure it would make some people angry however it's dealt with but it might be worth it.
Point is, something needs to happen with him if he's going to stay (or become, for a lot of people) interesting.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Finn Balor being gay wouldn't make him any more interesting tbh

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If you want a gay wrestler, just hire a gay man who can wrestle. It isn't that hard. I don't care for basing gimmicks on sexuality or anything either but if you are going to bring an openly gay wrestler into the story lines, let him be legit. It is stupid to me to have a man pretend to be gay for audience purposes. To me that is a shady business tactic. Unless Finn is bi-sexual, I can't see it making any bit of a difference as he will only go so far with this gimmick. He is a damn good wrestler but is very, very bland when it comes to charisma and I don't think this angle would help him at all.

It isn't like they haven't done a gay angle before so it isn't like a breaking ground thing here. I would be far more impressed if it was legit, I guess that is what I am saying. It would mean a whole hell of a lot more to me.