Fingerpoke of Doom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
[/B]

But the logic you are baseing that view on is a bit like if someone said that Billy Gunn was a big part of DX's success. I do give Nash credit, but in many ways it was about right place, right time and in many ways it could have been anyone in that spot.

Also yes there were lots of factors why WCW is no longer around, Nash's clueless booking is just one small one.

Billy Gunn was never given the position Kevin Nash was moot point and a stupid one at that.

Nash was given the book in WCw because noone else could do that, Kevin Sullivan didn't draw shit, and nobody else besides Nash did for them he was given the book in, their most successful yeat I might add.

Just because he tried a storyline surrpunded around Goldberg and not thinking Goldberg would be a mark and cut his bicep in half should be his legacy. Would've been a good storyline for WCW. the same kind of storyline that has worked for decades.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Billy Gunn was never given the position Kevin Nash was moot point and a stupid one at that.

Nash was given the book in WCw because noone else could do that, Kevin Sullivan didn't draw shit, and nobody else besides Nash did for them he was given the book in, their most successful yeat I might add.

Just because he tried a storyline surrpunded around Goldberg and not thinking Goldberg would be a mark and cut his bicep in half should be his legacy. Would've been a good storyline for WCW. the same kind of storyline that has worked for decades.

Yes I reliase Nash was a much more important member of the NWO than Gunn was of DX, but that is why it is a example, I am just saying it could have been a lot of people besides Nash and timing was a big part of it, and he was one member of the NWO not the whole group.

Also you have a funny memorey of history if you really think that is how it went down when Nash booked. Yeah Sullivan was pretty bad, but Nash was even worse, the only guy worse was a certain Vince who right now is sitting on the unemployment line...

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Yes I reliase Nash was a much more important member of the NWO than Gunn was of DX, but that is why it is a example, I am just saying it could have been a lot of people besides Nash and timing was a big part of it.

Then you admit your example is stupid, so I'll spend zero time ripping it to shreds myself.

Who are these "lots of people" then genius? Tell us, if it wasn't Nash... who do you put in that spot for the NWO to be as big and realistic as it was?

FalconPunch

Reaction score
The now heel Hollywood Hogan....

I think you've missed the point on who and what the nWo were then... You're suggestion is mind boggling for so many reasons.

Hogan was the "third man", the whole hook of the storylines initial white hot start, the big surprise, the man joining the two renegades from New York. His heel turn worked so well BECAUSE he was with the ultra cool and realistic Hall and Nash who had been dominating WCW. You want Hogan to just show up and start teaming with Hall? Jesus Christ.

Behind the scenes, Hogan wanted to turn the nWo into another wrestling angle, Nash and Hall put a leash on him (just watch the new nWo doc). You put Hogan in Nash's spot, you're left with a very odd tag team of Hall and Hogan until you have the likes of Dibiase, Virgil and other then WWF mid carders showing up. Just a random and stupid suggestion considering Hall was always just an upper mid carder - Hogan aligning with just him would be odd. Nash was the former and recent WWF champion for a year, he is what gave the nWo a vast amount of credibility and freshness.

The poster Rated R Superstar is responsible for some of the most Blue posts, starting with his own, and they have now bred...

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Seriously? nWo was nothing until Hogan joined, and revealed he was part of it all along, but if you feel Nash was the reason nWo was ultimately so popular then by all means continue to live in your fantasy world.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Seriously? nWo was nothing until Hogan joined

Says it all. You realise there literately wasn't an nWo before the three got together right? So saying it was nothing before Hogan shows up exposes you as a douche. Considering "The Outsiders" were the hottest thing in WCW for months by that point, and buy rates and live attendances had already gone up, to even say Hall and Nash were nothing - when they were the talk of the wrestling world for leaving WWF paints you as a further douche. It was Hogan joining the then hottest thing in the company, the Outsiders who had been tearing up a storm for months hot off their WWF run as supposed invaders that got him so over as a heel and gave him the much needed edge.

In short, you are talking shit - and your suggestion of replacing Nash with Hogan is stuff of Sci Fi proportions baffling nonsense and proves to me you have a very little understanding of what the wrestling world was like in 1996 (were you even born then?).

And again, am I trying to say Nash was THE reason? No, nowhere, so stop putting words in my mouth due to your lack of an argument you spanner. I'm saying he deserves a lot of credit along with a load of other people - something the poster "Rated R Superstar" didn't seem to think. It was that guys dismissal of Nash as nothing which I took exception to, which then resulted in an absolute plum like you coming along with your awful grammar confusing matters and brining up arguments which nobody is even talking about, coupled with your hilarious and brain fucking suggestion that Hogan could have replaced Nash in Nash's nWo role.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Nash and Hall were by-far the most hated men in WCW prior to Hogan joining them and forming the nWo. Hogan needed them to make his heel turn work as well as it did.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Yeah, so your points about Hall & Nash pre-nWo reveal mean absolute shit

Facepalm.gif

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Some of you need to go back and watch some 1996 WCW if you don't think Hall and Nash were shit before Hogan. Hall turning up on Nitro is one of the craziest moments in wrestling history.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Some of you need to go back and watch some 1996 WCW if you don't think Hall and Nash were shit before Hogan. Hall turning up on Nitro is one of the craziest moments in wrestling history.

Seriously.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2