• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Finally!

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This was a really fucking shitty debut. I mean I guess its cool she won the title, but the way it was done sucked balls. Then again, who really gives a fuck :haha: #lolDivasDivision

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Know nobody cares about the Divas, but I cannot fathom how any of you could possibly think that this was a bad way to debut Paige. There's so many reasons why this was a good idea:

1: Necessity. The story of the Divas' match at Wrestlemania was "everyone hates AJ, AJ is going into this match with no chance to win since every diva on the roster except maybe Tamina are ganging up on her." The match didn't play out that way, but nobody remembers that since it was in the biggest death slot in wrestling history. AJ still retained the title despite the entire division turning against her. She, in kayfabe, is so far and away ahead of the other divas that it required someone new to challenge her.

2: Impact: Screw this talk of "the babyface chasing the title". This is the Divas' Division, nobody will care about it. The only way to even try to get people to talk is to make a big impact and do something to make us talk. Unseating AJ on your debut? That'll get us talking.

3: Timing: She debuted and made the impact on the one Raw a year in front of a smark crowd that will not only know or care, but know how good of a wrestler she is and give her a reaction. The pop she got on Raw was awesome. And Extreme Rules is right around the corner. With how WWE loves to rip off TNA, it's time for them to rip off Gail/Taryn. Make the casuals wonder what a Divas' Ladder Match is like.

4: This does wonders for AJ: AJ was over after a year of annoying character development and the "pipebombshell". Since she won the belt, they've really done nothing with her except have her lose Raw matches to set up PPV matches that she wins easily, and she's been hurt by it. Her title reign was boring (WWE's fault) but now you've gotta think that AJ, the character who loved the title so dearly, will be rejuvenated as a character when put in the obsessed chaser's role. (Could be the best thing in the division in years or an unmitigated disaster, probably a combination of the two. Either way it's gotta be more interesting than COTM garbage)

5: It pushes NXT: If someone can just debut and win a belt on the first night on the show, what else could people do from down there? What will the impact of Adam Rose be?

Don't see how there's anything wrong with this. Could it have been written better? Absolutely. Hell, Paige's acting (and her writing) performance was downright atrocious... but dammit, it's the Divas. We can't expect perfection. We barely get anything, so we should take this something and like it.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's interesting to me to see a diva hold two titles at the same time (Excusing Laycool as that was a joke)

But this was something I really enjoyed seeing, History being made not only a debut winning the diva's championship, but a debut winning a championship when already holding another championship. It was fun to witness.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
Sadly it looks like Paige might be portrayed as "sweetie pie lil cutie diva" as with 90% of the division. It's quite sad considering she is such a talented female wrestler.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I don't see what people are marking over, honestly. The mic work was pathetic, and the match was dog shit. Her finisher looked weak as fuck. It was all very underwhelming.
the only cool thing of the segment was AJ "booping" Paige's nose, because I know she stole it from Archer.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Sadly it looks like Paige might be portrayed as "sweetie pie lil cutie diva" as with 90% of the division. It's quite sad considering she is such a talented female wrestler.
This would be horrendous as she is the anti diva if she becomes the same as the rest this division is truly dead.

Reactions: Wacokid27