Finally ... The Rock Has Come Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
:lol: @ Hogan saying WWE destroyed someone, especially Cena.

Then again he would be an expert after destroying WCW, his own family, and sending TNA in that direction

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Acting like Cena is no longer the top star in all of wrestling now cause of the promo. gtfo Hogan.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rock's newest tweet

"I should remind cena I was NEVER scheduled to be on Raw last night. No problem - as promised, next time - LIVE - my boot to his ass. Yabba.."

----

Bret on Rock:
"After watching Monday Night Raw last night I have to say I'm Looking forward to the showdown between John Cena and The Rock at Wrestlemania!

When I was WWE champion back in 1997, I often gave Dwayne all the advice I could, I remember watching him wrestle for the very first time and telling the wrestlers next to me, that Dwayne was going to be the biggest Superstar in the wrestling world and to mark my words. "

LLCoolJoel

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan has the opposite effect to the Midas Touch now-a-days. He ruins everything that he comes into contact with. Is he the right person to comment on anything related to destroying anything.

CBW

Reaction score
I thought the angle played out extremely well. The Rock turned up, and 'electrified', as he put it. There was a fantastic reaction from the live crowd, and by the end of the segment, he has pretty much the entire arena behind him.

WITH THAT SAID, his second promo from his house was flat out the wrong thing to do; with a storyline of this magnitude and importance, he needed to be there. Now, I'm not saying that he completely lost the crowd. It was clear that they were still there with him. However, a large part of the reaction from that second pre-recorded promo was built around the teases that he was there in the arena. He teased showing up several times, and this is where the crowd really came alive.

I like The Rock as much as the next fan, but he needs to show up, and offer some interaction. A performer will find it extremely difficult to resonate with an audience through a screen, however big a household name they may be. I look forward to his next appearance on RAW, personally I think it will be the difference between this esculating, or becoming 'just another Wrestlemania fued', despite the magnitude of those involved.

CBW

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how juvenile the WWE audience that eats his nonsense up are.

I don't understand this comment. WWE fans have been watched The Rock being The Rock for almost fifteen years now. The audience have also been reacting to a juvenile John Cena for around seven. I mean, you don't have to LIKE it, but surely you realise the crowd were always going to eat it up?

What are your expectations of the product, bearing in mind it's a PG rated programme?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I thought the angle played out extremely well. The Rock turned up, and 'electrified', as he put it. There was a fantastic reaction from the live crowd, and by the end of the segment, he has pretty much the entire arena behind him.

WITH THAT SAID, his second promo from his house was flat out the wrong thing to do; with a storyline of this magnitude and importance, he needed to be there. Now, I'm not saying that he completely lost the crowd. It was clear that they were still there with him. However, a large part of the reaction from that second pre-recorded promo was built around the teases that he was there in the arena. He teased showing up several times, and this is where the crowd really came alive.

I like The Rock as much as the next fan, but he needs to show up, and offer some interaction. A performer will find it extremely difficult to resonate with an audience through a screen, however big a household name they may be. I look forward to his next appearance on RAW, personally I think it will be the difference between this esculating, or becoming 'just another Wrestlemania fued', despite the magnitude of those involved.
I get your point about Rock not being there however this can be perfectly flipped for material for Cena next's promo assuming he responds to the Rock again. Can pretty much bash him for proving his point about how he is there every week to show how much he loves the WWE while Rock does stuff like that.

CBW

Reaction score
I get your point about Rock not being there however this can be perfectly flipped for material for Cena next's promo assuming he responds to the Rock again. Can pretty much bash him for proving his point about how he is there every week to show how much he loves the WWE while Rock does stuff like that.

You're certainly right, and no doubt John Cena will use that as ammunition, but if I'm Vince McMahon, i'm having my (supposed) prime draw on the show, firing on all cylinders. Building up to a confrontation is fine, and no doubt when we get it, it'll be historical/gold/electrifying and all that garb, but I can't shake the feeling that he simply should have been there. This is why Vince/Hart didn't draw much more than a dime last year. The history was there, and reasoning was there; the writing wasn't. It was booked poorly from the start.

Using the angle that The Rock didn't turn up is still only making the best of a poor booking decision. Regardless of anchorage for the content of Cena's rebuttal, everything would have played out a million times stronger had The Rock been Buffalo.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score

Rock sticking around for at least one show after Mania. I don't expect him to be there every week but a once a month or once every few months appearance like he did in 04 would be amazing for this Rocky fan.

Kylie

Reaction score
Sorry but I still don't buy into the whole "I'm never leaving" speech. I still say once a year after Mania is done if his fans are lucky.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
17185214.jpg

Just 24 hours after WrestleMania XXVII Host Dwayne “The Rockâ€￾ Johnson takes the reins of The Show of Shows, “the most electrifying man in entertainmentâ€￾ will be appearing on Monday Night Raw, live in Atlanta.

Tune in to Raw at 9/8 CT on Monday, April 4 – the night after WrestleMania – to find out what The People’s Champ is cookin’. Or, to be a part of this monumental night in Atlanta, order tickets by clicking here.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemani...erwrestlemania

Kenneth Allen

Reaction score
Repo Man > CM Punk

That being said, the Promo he cut brought me back to my teenage years where I tried feverishly to get my eyebrow up. But now, much like an alcohol fueled night of sex with a fat chick, the aura has sort of worn off and what I'm left with is a cheap, used feeling.

Dwayne isn't back. I refuse to call him 'The Rock' because he is long gone. Dwayne is making his bucks, cutting his promos, and sure.. we'll see him at 'Mania but don't say "you're back", Dwayne. You're not.

The hate for Cena drives me nuts. Before he was a main event star, he had a nice variety of moves.. and the rapper gimmick will always be my favorite of his. But people seem to forget that Dwayne wanted to be a Football player till his knee got fucked. Sure, he's a third generation star in sense, but I don't think wrestling was his passion -- it was his fall back.

Cena however, always wanted to be a wrestler and he did just that. Now he lives out his fantasy every week, giving his heart and soul to the crowd and people hate him strictly because he's not "The Rock", or "Stone Cold", or Chris Jericho but the fact is.. it's over. Our generation has died, and the new stars are here.

So why hate? This whole situation has only made me appreciate Cena more.. I hate to say it but I think I'm part of the CeNation. Both of Cena's raps were entertaining as fuck to me, and Dwayne doing the "You Can't See Me" baby voice has yet to stick with me.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I agree with you on people putting Cena in Rock and Stone Cold's shadows. Those two were over because they were entertaining and they had personas we hadn't really seen before. Cena has tried NOT to emulate them and just portrays his own character every night, and fans seem to hate it because he's "not like them". It confuses me (the hate on his supposed lack of wrestling skills shouldn't be relevant anymore either, Cena's improved tremendously since 05).

It just makes me respect Cena more how he keeps on doing his thing and being himself even through all the hate he's received and never changed his tone for anyone just because he's not what they want him to be. Can't please everyone.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Thought this could go here as well

An excerpt from Rock's WWE mag interview courtesy of pwinsider:
Rock was asked about how much of his old ring outfits he still owns and he commented, "I still own it all. It's still with me in my house. It was never going away because I knew I would one day use it again."

He was then asked, "So does that mean you're coming back to fight as well?"

Rock responded,"Making movies is something that I love to do, and I know that it brings a lot of people joy, which in turn brings me and my soul great gratification. Being in the ring and entertaining the audience and kicking ass physically brings me and my soul great gratification as well. I can guarantee that I can always do both."