Final Four #1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better US Champ

• MVP

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Lex Luger

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
MVP
mvp.jpg

MVP won the US title on May 20th 2007 at Judgment Day in a 2/3 Falls match from Chris Benoit. He lost the title to Matt Hardy on April 27th 2008 at Backlash. He won his 2nd title from Shelton Benjamin on the March 20th Smackdown. He lost the title to Kofi Kingston on the June 1st 2009 Raw.

Lex Luger
LEX%20LUGER%20NEW%20US%20CHAMPION%203.jpg

Luger won the US title from Nikita Koloff on July 11th 1987 in Greensboro, North Carolina. He lost the title to Dusty Rhodes on November 26th 1987 at Starrcade in a Steel Cage Match. He won his 2nd title from Barry Windham on February 20th 1989 at Chi-Town Rumble. He lost the title to Michael Hayes on May 7th 1989 at WrestleWar. He won his 3rd title from Hayes on May 22nd 1989 in Bluefield, West Virginia. He lost the title to Stan Hansen on October 27th 1990 at Halloween Havoc. He won the title back from Hansen in a Texas Bullrope Match on December 16th 1990 at Starrcade. He vacated the title on July 14th 1991 when he won The World Title. He won his 5th title on the August 10th 1998 Nitro from Bret Hart. He lost the title on the August 13th 1998 Thunder back to Hart.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Voted MVP, loved his US heel run. He had some great matches and it really got MVP over as a wrestler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Didn't see too much of MVP at the time, I liked him as a heel, but I went with Luger as his reigns meant more overall.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Close call but I went with Lex Luger in the end. Really liked MVP's first title reign though.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I went MVP because of the matches and how he portrayed as a heel. That's how I vote when it comes to this.

Luger was great as well but I went MVP

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
How is MVP winning this? His first reign was OK but he never defended the title and Luger was great as champion.

I think once again we are seeing that younger people who have only followed wrestling for the last eight-ten years have limted knowledge of the older guys, so don't tend to vote for them.