Final Four #1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better Heel?

• Vince McMahon

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Jake Roberts

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
jake had big matches but zero main events.every fuede he had was as a midcarder.at least a guy like jbl main evented.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jake Roberts had one hot feud with Randy Savage and maybe Andre but was left to feud with people like Rick Martel after that, hardly someone to consider a HOFer like say JBL who actually one titles where as Jake, had none.

I voted Vinnie, pretty much the measuring stick of heels, real-life or not.

Reactions: 1 person

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Felt like JBL should of beat Roberts last round anyway, I don't know how Roberts got to the final four...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jake Roberts had one hot feud with Randy Savage and maybe Andre but was left to feud with people like Rick Martel after that, hardly someone to consider a HOFer like say JBL who actually one titles where as Jake, had none.
I voted Vinnie, pretty much the measuring stick of heels, real-life or not.

No he had a number of very good feuds, the Rick Rude one being another. Besides how can you blame Roberts for not being given the spot as the headliner that is down to the office. I have no doubt he was over enough to main event. JBL only got the push he got because he is a buddy of Vince's and he was never cut out to be in main events. To mention him in the same breath as Jake is just wrong.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I have lost faith in Wrestling Smarks.

SMH.

Reaction score
Jake Roberts get my vote here, it was hard but all in all I liked him a lot as a heel, he has a phenomenal in ring presence that you didn't see with anyone else and the fact that he actually wrestled is what edged it for me.

Also, the fact that people are surprised he beat JBL just surprises me? Do people not remember the lack luster career Bradshaw in a whole had? He debuted as Justin Hawk Bradshaw, then went on to join up with Ron Simmons as the Acolytes in the ministry, which went on to be a long run as the APA that spent more time in the back playing poker with jobbers that actually wrestling in tag team matches. He had a run as a face in the singles division which was poor and almost unwatchable in my opinion. Then he suddenly came in a John "Bradshaw" Layfield and won the belt and albeit had a hell of a run on top, but after that run as champ he sort of drifted into the mix of main eventers.

Then you have Jake Roberts, a guy who could cut a promo better than most and the guy had an in ring presence like no one else. Sure, he didn't hold any titles, but back then it wasn't important. Jake Roberts in a whole was more memorable that JBL ever was, and that's just a fact. If anything I would have been disgusted to see JBL beat someone like Jake Roberts in a greatest heel tournament.

This is just me, and don't get me wrong I loved the JBL character but not enough to constitute a vote for him over Jake Roberts, they were even in the same league and that is that friends.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
You forgot to mention his short run with Barry Windham where they became the New Blackjacks. Which was when he dyed his hair black from the blonde look he had as Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw. :p

Yeah that run was very foregettable

Reactions: 1 person

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ohhhh it is On. Raw vs. Smackdown. The way it was originally done. Flair vs. Vince.

LET'S GET IT ON!