Fifa World Cup 2014 - Deutschland über alles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Alright, that's the end of Tim Howard vs Belgium. NEXT.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
especially with Howar'ds 16 saves.. damn :/
We came into the tourny with a gameplan involving Altidore though

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Altidore wouldn't have made much of a difference either way. Bradley is fucking garbage, should've put Beckerman in.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Bradley wasn't that bad imo. And you never know what difference a striker can make, that being said, it wasn't a case of US not having chances, they got chances that nearly anyone in that level should put in the back of the net.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Bradley was horrible, dude couldn't contribute the slightest thing to the offensive or defensive strategies, and he can't move the ball. At all. It's pathetic. Also, Altidore probably could've done something but more than likely it wouldn't have lead to scoring, it's the same question that was put in place with Landon Donovan not being there.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Well the whole IF thing is never a good road to go down in football so yeah.

I still think Bradley was energetic and did quite a bit in the middle, the only point where I thought he was being a bit too stupid was when he tried to dribble away from a defender towards the end of the match in the Belgian box and kinda failed.

Wondelowski had the biggest chance though, he'll never forget that one.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Well the whole IF thing is never a good road to go down in football so yeah.

I still think Bradley was energetic and did quite a bit in the middle, the only point where I thought he was being a bit too stupid was when he tried to dribble away from a defender towards the end of the match in the Belgian box and kinda failed.

Wondelowski had the biggest chance though, he'll never forget that one.
Perfect point with Wondelowski. To his credit though, the ball bounced awkwardly and hit the upper part of his foot/ankle area. So there's that. Howard had a hell of a game, but the lack of defense eventually got to the US. The one minute for extra time was a bit stupid though.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
We don't want the rest of the world looking too shitty, so we'll let you have soccer. :tyson:

• Haha
Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Guys, I watched Altidore play for a 8 months in the Premier League, he was awful. If you're basing you attacks around him you need help.

Like, it got to the point where people were saying "he played really well" just for winning a header or jumping and winning the ball on his chest, like, that's the fucking basics of football. He should be able to do that.

Reactions: Brad.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Guys, I watched Altidore play for a 8 months in the Premier League, he was awful. If you're basing you attacks around him you need help.

Like, it got to the point where people were saying "he played really well" just for winning a header or jumping and winning the ball on his chest, like, that's the fucking basics of football. He should be able to do that.

lol fair enough, I didn't watch the league last season but he was 'the next big thing' a while back.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
lol fair enough, I didn't watch the league last season but he was 'the next big thing' a while back.

Ah man, it got to the point where he wasn't even included in the 23 man squad for the League Cup Final at Wembley... even the manager had given up

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yes, Belgium won! What a good game it was. Both teams were really good, but the Belgians had the game controlled from the start.
I'd mark my tits off if Belgium knocked Argentina out in the next round!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
In non world cup news: An American referee was beaten to death after handing out a red card in an amateur game in Detroit.

'Murrica borrowing from South 'Murrica with the viciousness.

RIP ref