Fifa World Cup 2014 - Deutschland über alles

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What a downer of a finish to what a great match. Thanks for the intel Stop, it's hard to get for us non-BSPN watchers.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
1 point is enough for you. You're tied with Germany in the lead of your group. If Ghana beats Portugal or ties with them. You boys are going to the 16 team round
Ghana has a point too, and so does Portugal so if ghana portugal draw - germany and US go through, if germany and US draw then they both go through but if one of them win and Ghana or Portugal wins, then it all comes down to goal difference for second place.

Hopefully that's not as confusing as ... fuck it, its confusing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What a match. US soccer haters eat a dick. this team is all heart

fuck the group of death, let's advance anyway

Reactions: Swift

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ghana has a point too, and so does Portugal so if ghana portugal draw - germany and US go through, if germany and US draw then they both go through but if one of them win and Ghana or Portugal wins, then it all comes down to goal difference for second place.

Hopefully that's not as confusing as ... fuck it, its confusing.
Didn't portugal lose by 4 to germany, and we beat ghana by 2 so we are +6 on them in case of a tie, right?

and we beat Ghana... so shouldn't our h2h be insta advance in case of a tie?

If that's the case, as long as we don't completely fucking suck, we are in.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Didn't portugal lose by 4 to germany, and we beat ghana by 2 so we are +6 on them in case of a tie, right?

Yup the goal difference does favour US, but if US lose by 3 - 0 (not saying they will) and Portugal win by 2, then that would be enough. US beat Ghana 2 - 1 basically the goal difference between portugal and us is +5 (US)

The dark horses in all this is Ghana. If they manage to beat portugal and US lose to Germany it could very well be all over. And Ghana is only -1 in goal diff so that could easily change.

I am not too sure but I don't think h2h are taken into consideration, from what I recall the priority is:
1. Difference in points
2. Goal Difference
3. Most goals scored
4. Least goals conceded
???
maybe h2h is taken into consideration at that point?

All the math and stats aside, Germany and US both have one foot in the next stage tbh.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

we only best Ghana by 1

we are +1, Ghana is -1. h2h isn't a factor

basically if either game is a draw we are good. if Ghana wins and we lose GD comes into play

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yup the goal difference does favour US, but if US lose by 3 - 0 (not saying they will) and Portugal win by 2, then that would be enough. US beat Ghana 2 - 1 basically the goal difference between portugal and us is +5 (US)

The dark horses in all this is Ghana. If they manage to beat portugal and US lose to Germany it could very well be all over. And Ghana is only -1 in goal diff so that could easily change.

I am not too sure but I don't think h2h are taken into consideration, from what I recall the priority is:
1. Difference in points
2. Goal Difference
3. Most goals scored
4. Least goals conceded
???
maybe h2h is taken into consideration at that point?

All the math and stats aside, Germany and US both have one foot in the next stage tbh.
I feel like H2H should be one of the most important factors.

We will see, go Portugal!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
what is the #2 tie breaker?

Ghana winning by 1 and US losing by 1 means we are equal on differential

I'm hoping for a 'friendly draw'between the US and Germany. just take things easy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I feel like H2H should be one of the most important factors.

We will see, go Portugal!

The only place where H2H seems to be a thing is in La Liga (Spain) I remember once Real Madrid beat Barcelona due to h2h, they consider Goal difference tertiary (primary being points and secondary h2h)

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
what is the #2 tie breaker?

Ghana winning by 1 and US losing by 1 means we are equal on differential

I'm hoping for a 'friendly draw'between the US and Germany. just take things easy
From what i can remember, the next tie breaker is goals scored, so far US has scored 4, Ghana 2. So if they just win by 1 and US lose, US should still be ahead.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
they value looking at things as a whole over one match. thus why they go by a league table and don't have a playoff system