FIFA Corruption Scandal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sepp Blatter, Mohamed Bin Hammam, Jack Warner and two Carribean football officials have all been put under investigation for corruption all surrounding Russia and Qatar being awarded the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.

It is clear that there is corruption in FIFA and it has been happening for a long time. There is no way that these two countries would have won, compared to the competition they had, if they didn't give bribes to officials. I hope that something comes of this but I highly doubt it.

Blatter and Hammam are the two running for FIFA President for which there is meant to be a vote next week and both of them are corrupt. I hope that someone else steps up and gets the spot because these two would be bad for the game.

What are your thoughts on this issue? Will anything happen to those involved? Will there be another vote for the World Cup hosts?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So Britains bitching finally came through.

FIFA and curruption are nothing new.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah the bitching and allegations of bribery have worked and finally it will be investigated. The issue is if FIFA are actually investigating themselves then nothing will come of it.

Bin Hammam has now withdrawn from the FIFA presidential race.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
To think all the money that can me made from hosting a World Cup and a committee making a decision without some palms being greased is just naive. If FIFA wanted to be scandal free, they would just pick a country at random. It's not like a country will say no to the World Cup.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True there will always be some "gift giving" by countries trying to get the World Cup but it has just gone too far and unfortunately it doesn't seem like it will change anytime soon. Sepp Blatter was elected again unopposed and supposedly he will aim to eliminate corruption in his next term.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Sepp Blatter is a power hungry moron....it speaks volumes that the two countries who won the bids are countries with a hell of a lot of money.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bitter isn't a taste I would want in my mouth Prodigy.

Any sports body that deals with something the magnitude of a World Cup is bound for corruption. You can't expect a l;evel playing field with the amount of money that could be potentially made from an event like that. Olympics are not above that, they just are better at hiding it.

The Olympics being in London would also factor into England not getting a World cup. Can't have one place hold everything.

Reaction score
Qatar winning the bid did seem a bit odd, but corruption is filled in many sports just so happens when the company gets caught up in bullshit they get caught and consequences are given out.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I get your point Deezy...though England is one of the most fanatic countries for Football. France has had it twice, Italy has, Germany has etc. But not England?

Another thing, who wants to watch the world cup in Quatar, drinking is banned.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
National Pride and alcohol would make for a dangerous cocktail.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I'm not massively invested in this whole scandal. Is anybody really surprised by it all?

Qatar bought the world cup. That's abundantly obvious. There's no point in complaining though, it's not like anything's ever actually going to change whilst Blatter is in charge. Probably won't change with anybody after him, either.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. I think Blatter will be in charge until he dies to be honest. The whole of Fifa needs reviewing by an independent comitee but Fifa wont allow it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This will be Blatter's last term supposedly so hopefully someone with some common sense and with a clean background gets the spot after him.

An independent review is the only way this could be solved but FIFA know that if they do everything will fall apart. Just yesterday another official came forward saying Bin Hammam gave him a bag full of cash.