• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FFVII Remake?!?!? I've already creamed my pants!

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've wanted a PS4, this just makes me want it even more. That sounds like David Lodge doing the narration. If he's doing a voice in the game, that's even better. I love his voice.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm really weary of this to be honest. Happy that it's finally happening but still very weary.

Are they going to change anything at all about the game? In my opinion it should be just a straight up remake, completely faithful to the original just with the redone, updated graphics. No story line changes, no new enemies, no reworking of the combat or materia system, no new allies. Just a straight up remake.

If they want to make a new chapter to be played completely separate from the original game then that would be cool... but keep the original game as is because it was perfect.

I'll wait until it comes out and reviews are released, maybe watch a video play through before getting it myself.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll add stuff to it. Imagine what they can do with the golden saucer now. All the mini games they could add. I agree the story should stay the same, but why not use the advanced technology to add to it for the better. A couple more "weapons" wouldn't hurt either. The only thing I'm pretty sure they'll do that I won't be a huge fan of is make the battle system active and not turn based. Can't win em all I suppose. However, they better still include materia and the ability to add it to the weapons/armour.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I agree with the Golden Saucer being expanded on.. doing something like what they did for the FFXIV patch would be nice, adding a card game arena, spacing out the arcade games, and making the chocobo racing/betting more in depth.

As I said, if they want to make a stand-alone chapter that is played separately that would be great, it could be where they possible add Sapphire Weapon and Diamond Weapon or whatever.. But I'd still like the game itself to just have Ruby and Emerald as it does.

I hope some of the smaller characters remain the same as well, such as Bugenhagen.. I hope they let him float around again, I know it sounds insignificant but I loved his character.

I just have this feeling that a bunch of game mechanics will be changed, from the combat system, to chocobo breeding, to materia. I hope I'm completely wrong though.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
inb4 Sephiroth fight is DLC.
GetOut.gif

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Good interview with director Tetsuya Nomura

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/final-fantasy-vii-remake-interview-e3-2015/

Some highlights for the TLDRs:

The trailer was vague; it felt like it could well be a sequel, or even a prequel.

TN: That's exactly why I wanted to have the word "Remake" into the trailer -- precisely to clarify that. At this point, I can't talk to specifics. Or at least, I'm not allowed to talk about the specifics. But the original is out again: The "HD" PC version is coming to PS4 already. We don't need two of the same thing. Even if we beautified and upgraded the visuals -- something that's bound to happen. If it's a full remake, then of course, we want to take a different approach. If we actually just upgraded the visuals -- there'd be no need for me to direct it.

The trailer seemed pretty serious in tone. Will the occasional humor the original game carry through?

TN: The comedy or the lighthearted parts -- I like those. I don't want to change it that much. But we can't have these upgraded, beautiful 3D models of Cloud and Barrett, still lining up in a row, jumping forward to attack an enemy, then jumping back to wait for their next turn. That would be bizarre. Of course there will likely be changes there. But if we took away parts like the lighter moments of the game, then it would no longer be FFVII.

Looks like it'll be an active battle system, pity. :sad1: