Fedor slated to fight Bobby Lashley in June

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan today announced Emelianenko will fight an unannounced opponent at a currently unspecified June 21 event.

According to Kogan, the June 21 event with Emelianenko, which is expected to be an M-1 show, takes place at the Ice Palace in St Petersburg, Russia.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com that former WWE star and ex-Strikeforce fighter Bobby Lashley is under consideration for the Emelianenko fight.

With the UFC 146 pay-per-view event slated for Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 26, that essentially rules out the possibility of Emelianenko fighting Junior Dos Santos.

Lashley is 7 - 1 in MMA with his most recent win coming (by sub) in November.

He's also very mediocre.

If ever there was a time for Fedor to the UFC, it should be now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Read about this earlier, Fedor would mess Lashley up if they end up fighting. And EVERYBODY is calling for a Fedor/JDS fight for the title at UFC 146. :lol:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I wasn't even aware there was a calling for a Fedor/JDS fight.

But... Fedor vs. Lashley? Really? Really? Mannnnnn Fedor better just wreck him completely and kick him out of MMA.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good opportunity for Lashley if this is true. No-one will expect him to survive a round with Fedor so if he can someone get a miraculous KO it will be huge for him. Still I expect him to lose fast and lose big but he will take home a good paycheck.

I didn't even think of Fedor vs. JDS but that would be a great way to bring him in.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's a video of Fedor training, strangely enough while wearing UFC gloves at one point in the clip.

[video=youtube;4t1eghv7n0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4t1eghv7n0I[/video]

HB_Punk

Reaction score
Lashley won't want to make it through the first round after getting clipped by Fedor. I see him going for the take down and getting finished via armbar.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Fedor to UFC??? LOLZ not even an option, had his chance 3 years ago, and is not even a marketable name he was back then.

Bobby to face Fedor? LOLLOLOLOLOL Can you say..............Hong Man Choi v. Fedor 2.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fedor Emelianenko will next compete in June in his home country of Russia against an as of yet unnamed opponent, but a new contender has entered the fray.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and student of legendary trainer Renzo Gracie, Rolles Gracie is now under consideration for the bout with Emelianenko on June 21 in St. Petersburg.

While there is no deal in place at this time, Gracie is one of the leading candidates to potentially land the spot against the former pound-for-pound king later this year.

With a 6-1 record overall, Rolles Gracie may have far less experience in the cage than Emelianenko, it doesn’t mean he’s not a competitor who has show drastic improvements over the last year.

Following a loss in his lone bout in the UFC, Gracie left the promotion and went back to focus on the basics and become a true MMA fighter.

Since that time, Gracie has gone 3-0 with three straight first round victories, while also adding many new pieces to his camp including boxing coach Mark Henry, who is responsible for making former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar one of the top fighters in the sport when it comes to the sweet science.

“I’m really fortunate to work with a guy like Mark Henry. He’s probably going to say he won’t admit it, but I think he’s a genius,” said Gracie in an interview with MMAWeekly.com in 2011. “So he’s bringing my boxing to the next level. It’s just a matter of time before I start knocking people out.”

“I want to get my boxing so good that people want to go to the ground with me.”

Gracie last competed at second ever One FC show in Jakarta where he finished former Pride competitor Bob Sapp with strikes in the first round.

Now Gracie is on the short list of possible opponents to face arguably the greatest heavyweight to ever compete in MMA, Fedor Emelianenko.

Little more info on who could be Fedor's next opponent. Doesn't seem locked to be Lashley just yet, have to wait a while longer to get the confirmation on whomever the opponent is though.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus