Favorite wrestling era?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

imported_Loki

Reaction score
come on people name your favorite era and why....

My favorite wrestling era would have to be the 90's to just about 2001 so i guess attitude era... because i was a HUGE fan of wcw and ecw watched thier shows every week and also watched wwf when i got the chance that was the era of great wrestling great matches and you got to watch superstars such as the hardys, HHH, Rey mysterio, HBK<< alil , the Dudley's, The giant(big show), and more grow as superstars and some of em in thier prime i belive this was the true Wrestling era.... now tell me yours

Reaction score
I liked the 90s to the 2003 because it was exciting like the stone cold and McMahon feud and The Rock was funny as hell.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
1997-2003 cos it was just the high point of WWE and most of the wrestlers then won't be back so it was a special period.

straight_edge76

Well, I really liked the HBK/Hart era (1992-1997) since It was when Wrestling was still a family type of thing for my family (It still is, just not as much) but since I basically grew up on the attitude era, I would have to say that Austin, Rock, Taker, Foley, Kane, HHH; good times...good, good times..

gashface

Reaction score
Another attitude era supporter, just pure entertainment show after show. Amazing superstars who were born entertainers and crowd pleasers.

Enigma22

Reaction score
the attitude era was the best. it had the most famous stars and the best promos ever. the wwe needs to try to get back into the attitude era

PeepShow

Yep, Attitude Era. It just had the best moments in wrestling history IMO. I always felt like If I missed a show, I would cry and shit.....lol.

But ya, my favortie times in wrestling were:

WWF: 1999-2002

WCW: 1995-1999

straight_edge76

The Monday Night Wars IMO made The Attitude Era as big as it was. Without It I have a feeling it'd never have happened.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Everyone loved that attitude era. it was just the time that everyone loved wrestling. i doubt that another attitude era will come around but hopefully they will come up with something just as good if not betterr.

Reaction score
Mine would be the attitude era as well. That was a time i didn't want to miss any show for both the WWF and WCW. The two shows would get aired at the same time here where i live and i would be so confused on which to stay tuned on. It was a time the WWF/E actually had competition. Faction wars were at an all time high and storylines were to the extremes. No limits if you will(e.g. DX going inside WCW , Bischoff spoiling what happens on Raw) It truly was a golden age of wrestling in my opinion.

C4

The same thing which 1000 other people have said: "The Attitude Era" :) It was just about awesome it was so very cool. 7 good Reasons why the Attitude Era still remains Great today:

1. Chair bangs and Table Breaks, Ladder Falls and Extreme Stuff.
2. Very Very Un-Censored. :D
3. Un-predictable, One Night you see The Rock as Champion there can be another Champion on RAW next week - 1998. [This don't happen now]
4. Matches like Hell in a Cell and Cage were Great.
5. Superstars who had talent [i.e Austin, Rock, Angle, Jericho, Show etc]
6. Good and healthy Storylines.
7: The Monday Night Wars - these wars added to the excitement.

Will there be another Attitude Era? I don't think so but if there is one then boy oh boy i'm going to love it!

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'll say my favorite wrestling age would have to be ....NOW!
wanna know Why?,
because of Missssttttterrrrrr Kennneeddyyy!!!!
.............Kennedy.