Favorite 'Taker WrestleMania Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zack Ryder

The Artiste
Reaction score
Undertaker is 21-0 at WrestleMania and competed in awesome matches. From Jimmy Snuka at WM 7 to defeating CM Punk at wm 29. What's your fav?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The match with Snuka was great lol? Anyway his work with Punk wasn't too great IMO, MOTN but that isn't saying too much for that WM.His first clash with Kane was enjoyable but I'm not the huge fan of it some are, I'll throw out his match with Edge / Batista before the HBK love in.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
WM21 was the most intense for me because I really thought Randy Orton was probably breaking it and I saw this live on PPV.

WM25 with Shawn Michaels was the most exciting from a drama POV. I don't get the same enjoyment others do out of it though, as I didn't watch it live. I'm sure seeing it live or seeing it without knowing the finish at least would have added a lot to it.

I also enjoyed the End Of An Era HIAC match last year.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
The match with Snuka was great lol? Anyway his work with Punk wasn't too great IMO, MOTN but that isn't saying too much for that WM.His first clash with Kane was enjoyable but I'm not the huge fan of it some are, I'll throw out his match with Edge / Batista before the HBK love in.

Two (of the three) matches I came in here to say, and the ones that have nothing to do with outside forces (the third one is totally because of who I watched it with). Those two were incredible, especially the Edge one.

I'll say right now I don't rate the HBK bouts that highly and I'd even probably consider the one at XXV the second most overrated match. Not that I dislike either of the bouts, I like both a great deal (and I also personally prefer the one at XXVI, another rather unpopular opinion I have) but I wouldn't call either a five star classic.

WM21 was the most intense for me because I really thought Randy Orton was probably breaking it and I saw this live on PPV.

WM25 with Shawn Michaels was the most exciting from a drama POV. I don't get the same enjoyment others do out of it though, as I didn't watch it live. I'm sure seeing it live or seeing it without knowing the finish at least would have added a lot to it.

I also enjoyed the End Of An Era HIAC match last year.

For me, the main reason why seeing it live helped was because the rest of the show was pretty abysmal. Add in the fact that it was my first Mania watching live on PPV & I had high expectations and that match definitely came off as incredibly bout for me. The second viewing of it (not too long after) however made me realize how my opinion was influenced by the rest of the show (I've seen it three times, and my opinion hasn't changed from the second time).

The End Of An Era match was the third one I wanted to mention but that has a lot to do with just watching it with my friend & dad. Watching their (polar opposite) reactions to the match, particularly during the superkick/pedigree spot was hilarious.

The Orton match is a great shout to, probably my fourth favorite of his matches.

And I'll leave off with this, I'm really expecting Cena/Taker to make into my list when it happens this year.