Favorite Royal Rumble

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well with the Royal Rumble only a little bit away, it's time to ask you what is your favorite Royal Rumble, but this time we're doing a twist.

Favorite Royal Rumble PPV and also your Favorite Royal Rumble Match. Now I need to do a bit of reviewing and will go over a few of the PPV's and figure it out. I got a few I know I like 1994, 1995, 1998 but I want to check out a few more and I'll give my full opinion then.

Castiel

Reaction score
I have three favorites: 1992 (Flair), 2002 (Triple H) and 2004 (Benoit). Overall as a PPV my favorite of the bunch is without a doubt 2004 since it had a killer Last Man Standing match between HHH and HBK, my favorite feud of all time. 1992 had the unique factor of actually being for the WWF championship which makes it feel really special and Flair's promo afterwards in the back was perfect. Benoit's Rumble win was super emotional and just perfect. I haven't watched 2002 or 2004 in a few years, used to watch them annually with my friend who loves Rumbles but I think 2002 would be my favorite overall Rumble match.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I really liked the 2007 Rumble with Taker and HBK as the last two.

It was amazing seeing two legends in the final two. I marked out when Taker sat up and HBK one after each other.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
1990 is the best overall Rumble by a slight margin over 1992. The pre-match interviews for '90 are awesome and the Hogan/Warrior moment cannot be beat. However, Flair in '92 is great, I just get annoyed at Hogan stealing Sid's spotlight like the dick that he is.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Really enjoyed 2004/5, recent ones have been lacking a bit (although 2012 was awesome purely for mark out moments).

Retarded Duckling

I liked 1999.

Sent using my Rockstars Samsung galaxy mini!

Retarded Duckling

Because stone cold and Vince McMahon, who were 1st and 2nd, didn't get eliminated until the end, when Vince eliminated Stone cold.

Retarded Duckling

Why is that? Any particular reason why that was your favourite Rumble?

Because stobe cold and Vince, who were 1st and 2nd, managed to get through the entire rumble without being eliminated. That was until Vince eliminated Stone Cold at tge very end.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Really enjoyed 2004/5, recent ones have been lacking a bit (although 2012 was awesome purely for mark out moments).

Just realised this was a bit vague. These are my favourite Royal Rumble matches.

As for entire shows, man 2007 is tough to beat. The rumble match is a bit average minus the last portion when it gets down to 4, but the rest of card, holy shit. You got the Cena/Umaga classic LMS, the Hardys/MNM tag match that's legit one of the best WWE tag matches of the last 10 years, and Batista/Kennedy is pretty darn good to boot too.

The only downside is Lashley/Test, but we can forget that ever happened.

Retarded Duckling

Just realised this was a bit vague. These are my favourite Royal Rumble matches.

As for entire shows, man 2007 is tough to beat. The rumble match is a bit average minus the last portion when it gets down to 4, but the rest of card, holy shit. You got the Cena/Umaga classic LMS, the Hardys/MNM tag match that's legit one of the best WWE tag matches of the last 10 years, and Batista/Kennedy is pretty darn good to boot too.

The only downside is Lashley/Test, but we can forget that ever happened.

I NEVER FORGET!!!!! lol :)