Favorite Odd Couple Tag Teams

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

Ok over the course of wrestling history there have been many tag teams that you would never expect to team up and win the gold together and they are often refered to as Mixed Tag Teams or Odd Couple Tag Teams.

Such as:

~2007 with Matt Hardy and MVP.

~2003 with Booker T and Goldust

~The Brothers Of Destruction - Kane & the Undertaker, two guys that started their program in a bitter brother-against-brother feud, then went on to become a tag-team duo that was virtually unstoppable.

~ Triple H & (heel) Stone Cold Steve Austin

~The Mega Powers - Hogan & Savage - It was a dream team that from it's very inception you knew was going to blow up into a great feud/storyline.

~Rock and Sock Connection

~Heck even Billy and Chuck deserve their say in this I think.

I know there are some more but as I type this, those names came to mind. Now onto the reason for the thread, what is your favorite odd couple tag team?

Mine would be. Rock and Sock connection man they were greatly hyped up great promo's and matches together were not too shabby.

C4

Definitely Booker T and Goldust for me, Although there are tons of "odd couples" better than the two but these guys were something exceptional.

Their promos with nWo were somewhat entertaining as well :glare:

C4

Monkeystyle reminded me of those gimmick-ish Hurricane tag teams. Rosey, Hurricane and Stacey were one of those awesome ones :D

The Shua

Reaction score
I'm surprized no one mentioned Charlie Haas and Rico! Even towards the end, before Rico got the boot, Haas never did still warm up to Rico. Plus, both were/are good wrestlers.

How I miss that team.

Evil Austin

That wasn't an odd tag team. Both were heels. What's odd about it?

I may be wrong but wasn't one of them the WWF champion at the time and they were feuding but Vince made then team up against rock and sock ?

The Rated R CMStar

I may be wrong but wasn't one of them the WWF champion at the time and they were feuding but Vince made then team up against rock and sock ?

You're wrong.

Austin sided with Vince Mcmahon at WM17 turning heel. The next night, they booked a rematch between Rock and Austin in a Cage Match. HHH was seen all night as if he was disgusted to what Austin did, but when the Cage Match came, HHH turned and he helped Austin retain the belt.

And that's how the Two Power Trip was born. HHH would won the IC soon, and then they would both win the tag team belts from Kane and Taker.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
You can't beat Booker T and Goldust. They had some of the funniest promos that I've ever seen.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I don't see how Hulk Hogan, and Randy Savage are odd as they were both on the top of the game, and were pretty similair in ego levels, wrestling abilities, wrestling styles, and gimmicks. And I mean I know they had Kurt Angle training them and what not, but I believe Charlie Hass, and Shelton Benjamin was somewhat on the lines of random. Also, here are some I didn't expect:

Viscera, and Charlie Hass

Chris Jericho, and Booker T (random to me)

William Regal, and Eugene

Chris Jericho, and Chris Benoit during Benoit's feud with Kurt Angle. The two had been long time rivals, and then they joined up to win tag team gold.

Hurricane, and Kane